All reviews parking underground an extra bed well located hotel large car great city ten minute walk major attractions enjoyed our stay plaza mayor air con excellent location safes university stopover centre spain cathedral
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We stoped in Salamanca for one night on our way from Madrid to Porto. I have stayed in other Ibis hotels in France but I felt I had to write a review on this one.

It was much more than we expected:
1. Very clean modern rooms;
2. Cosy, small scale, breakfast with all the essentials;
3. Accepted 4 of us in one room (2 adults + 2x 3 year-old) - which most hotels show no flexibility. In France, in the Ibis hotel in Le Mans, we had to book two rooms for the 4 of us;
4. In front of the hotel there is a park, so we could take the kids for a spin on their scooters and some play time in a very nice play ground before hitting the road again.
5. We asked for a room change and it was done in 5 mins with no hassle. Very polite staff!

Over all we had a very good experience and we were impressed with the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Stayed here twice on my travels from the UK down to the Algarve in Portugal. Speedy check in, newly renovated hotel, friendly staff, great location and good price. There is a bar serving food on the premises which is fairly priced however there is a wealth of lively local places to eat and drink within a 5 minute walk.

Simple clean rooms with a comfy bed and located opposite a park. Completely exceeded my expectations. Also helps that Salamanca is one of the best cities I have visited on my travels. Beautiful, friendly and had a buzz at night. Will definitely use this hotel when I return to this magnificent city.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eat_around_the_earth
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The rooms are new and soundproof. Cleaning was very good. The location is ok, 15 min walk from Plaza Mayor. Some rooms may have a view to the park in front (not our case). There is a parking underground. Dogs accepted with a fee. The hotel has elevators. Staff was nice but a bit slow. common area in the hotel lobby. really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Views to the park may be nicer
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I regularly travel between the UK and south west Spain. This journey involves two overnight stops.
I was told Salamanca was well worth a visit so made a reservation at the Ibis.
Finding the hotel was easy using the Sat-Nav. The underground car park is a little small and the ramps very tight.
The hotel was very nice and modern, very clean and appealing. The staff friendly and most helpful. I was given advice on what to see in the old part of Salamanca and how to get there.
Only 10 minutes walk from the hotel.
And yes so worth a visit. One of the best places I have ever visited.
Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park. If you are on the other side there is not much of a view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple