All reviews booked a junior suite great location old palace san esteban tight space reception staff were very friendly beautiful building two floors modern facilities walking distance this lovely hotel recommend this hotel just round the corner historical sites central location decent size bus tour
Reviewed 25 September 2018

I spent a whole week at the Palacio de Castellanos and just loved staying there.
The hotel received a complete overhaul and re-opened this summer. The renovation has been done beautifully.
I really did love everything about the hotel.
The central location.
The beautiful renovation and my room on the last floor.
The fantastic breakfast.
The friendly and professional staff who made you feel welcome from the first momemt and assisted in every possible way.
I even loved the toiletries which are a lot better than in other hotels.
At first I was a little disappointed that there was no fitness room at the hotel, but it did not really matter. The weather was beautiful and in the evenings there are a lot of salamantinos who do sports outside on the other side of the river ( 10 min walk ). There are also fitness studios nearby where you can do your work out for a modest entrance fee.
I loved everything so much that I wish I could go back very soon.

Trip type: Travelled on business
RemediosMadrid, Director General at NH Collection Salamanca Palacio de Castellanos, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear user Sunstar1019,

First of all, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay and for the trust you had in our hotel NH Collection Palacio de Castellanos.
We have renovated our hotel to continue providing the high level of services.
Also we highly value your opinion for process of continuous improvement and as a base for making our guests stay more enjoyable every time, and we would like offer to you the fitness room for your next visit.
We are looking forward to welcome you back for leaving us take care of you during your next visit to Salamanca.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

A beautiful building in the historic centre of Salamanca. Very walkable to many sites and restaurants. We took a room with a view. Room was clean. Coffee machine was very helpful. As a married couple we asked a large bed but we got two separate beds.

Breakfast was a major disappointment. Not what you expect from a four star hotel. Scrambled eggs were not there. You have to order them separately. Lots of unhealthy food available. No vegetables. But there is pork and potatoes. They make omlettes, which is good.

Room service was another disappointment because it is only at certain hours. Dinner only after 8pm. Why does hotel expect guests to wait to eat after 8pm?!

Not a good value. Our friends were in other hotels for a much lower price and better quality.

Dear user Travelforworkandfun,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to comment on our Hotel and the services rendered.
We highly value your opinion for process of continuous improvement and as a base for making our guests stay more enjoyable every time We are very sorry to know that some aspects, such as the buffet breakfast or the room service, were not to your total satisfaction. Breakfast is one of our most wanted services due to the wide selection of products and its quality and the recently made dishes.
I personally thank you for your feedback when it comes to the timetable for room service, I have passed on your comments to the relevant department for reviewing it and adjust when necessary.
We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Until then, please receive our warmest regards

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Right in the old center of Salamanca, very close to the cathedral, and a perfect location to explore this beautiful town. The hotel has a private car park! The room was clean and comfortable. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was truly amazing.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RemediosMadrid, Director General at NH Collection Salamanca Palacio de Castellanos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear sandyLimassol,
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

One of the best hotels in Salamanca. Great location, outstanding modern facilities. Fantastic service. Recommended for anyone looking for a good hotel, walking distance from all the major monuments of the city.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
RemediosMadrid, Director General at NH Collection Salamanca Palacio de Castellanos, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear user plemos,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel.
Thank you for your greetings regarding our service.
We work hard every day at the NH Collection Palacio de Castellanos Hotel for offering memorable stays for all our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you very soon

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Quick overnight stay...error! This hotel needs at least two nights to appreciate the quality & care bestowed on its guests. Upgraded to a junior suite-what luxury & tranquility over the two floors of our courtyard suite. Staff are beyond courteous & helpful; valet, Juan-Carlos, must be one of the most amazing individuals met-real skill getting the vehicles into such tiny tight space.
Breakfast, well allow time for a real feast! Guests are greeted with calm, atmosphere with warm fragrances wafting up the stairs as you descend into the room...juices, carafes of naturally flavoured waters, teas and coffees in every flavour; breads, cheeses, pastries and cereals. Oh and not to forget that the Chef will cook your choice of omelette or eggs.
A hotel we cannot wait to return to, our error was allowing just one night for this wonderful place! A treat which we valued and enjoyed!
Guests are appreciated and made very welcome.
Can not recommend highly enough.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RemediosMadrid, Director General at NH Collection Salamanca Palacio de Castellanos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Karen,
It is a pleasure for me to read such a positive comment as yours. I am very glad to know that your overall impression about the Hotel is outstanding. Providing our guests a great stay is our main goal and we feel really proud that the services, rooms, gastronomy and the staff have helped to reached it. I will personally congratulate Juan Carlos. I am sure it will be the best motivation for his to continue providing same high level of service.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.