“Excellent menu. ”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

After checking several reviews for a good restaurant for lunch, and as many were closed following a holiday day, I ended up at Latino Bar.

My experience was really good. I had the lunch menu for €15 including delicious salad, a very good piece of meat for lunch and coffee flan. (All desserts are made on the premises).

Menus also included wine and 1.5L bottle of water.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Surely this place didn't contribute to this title!
The plaza is nice enough, plenty of people and cozy bars...nice weather. A Good place to stop and have a bite to eat? Unfortunately we chose the wrong bar...the food was horrible, tacky ensalada and under cooked costillas, expensive drinks and not so friendly service. Hey, what do you expect: we are only tourists! We absolutely felt cheated, not worth the money...

Reviewed 17 December 2017

we had great hamburgers on a Monday night when most restaurants in Spain are closed. Unique menu, avant garde not tapas stuff. Outside tables in the heart of medievle area.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife and I stoped at Latin Bar for dinner but it was only 7.45pm and we were told that they don't begin serving dinner until 8.00pm. So, we ordered drinks first and waited until they were ready to take dinner orders.

After perusing the dinner menu, we made our decisions, only to be told by the water that both options were unavailable. Instead, I chose the lamb chops and my wife opted for the hake fish. Both meal options came with french fries.

I was rather disappointed when my lamb chops arrived. Where's the meat? They were essentially bones with a tiny bit of meat on each one. My wife's deep fried hake was fine.

Latino is situated in the Plaza San Martin (a short distance from Plaza Mayor). It is a great spot to sit and drink and watch people go by and the staff were friendly enough. Considering the disappointing food, I'd recommend stopping there to enjoy a drink and then eating elsewhere.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

After being ignored at other restaurants where they made a point of ignoring us and serving locals, we found this restaurant. The staff here have good English and their menu is Spanish/English, the food excellent as is their wine list. We have been in Leon for six days and it took us two days to find this gem and have eaten there every night since. We arrive, sit down and are immediately welcomed and presented with their menu, the staff going out of their way to be helpful, particularly the two youngest.
We are always greeted with a smile. Well done Latino.