“Friendly Service, Canarian Food”
Review of El Tonique

El Tonique
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Confortable place with rustic decoration, and a variety on the food and wine menu.
Reviewed 21 January 2017

I visited already three times (in two years), and I like this place. The service is very friendly and helpful. Food is seems to be traditional Canarian, and is as good, as this seems to get. Don't expect complex flavors or a variety of textures - but simple, down to earth food.
I also like that if you order wine by the glass, they ask you what you like, and then bring a suitable bottle that is left at your table to have as many glasses as you like.

1  Thank Christian H

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

We had dinner at this restaurant an evening during our holiday. We liked the atmosphere and the staff was really friendly. Good wine selection and the steak was sublime! Would absolutely recommend the place.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Friendly and kind staff, delicious dishes, I recommend Pata negra with tomato bread...and cheese dish, so good!!! Wide range of wine..

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Being British we arrived before 9pm and got a table! The staff were really good and very helpful. The wine was lovely and we had really nice pudding wines recommended by the staff.
But the food was nothing more than average. Salty peppers, soggy batter and cheese with tomatoes that anyone could have constructed. The puddings were obviously bought in. A rubbery creme caramel and a gloomy sweet almond concoction which was inedible.
Nice place but poor food. Depends what you like!

Reviewed 15 July 2015

I go to this restaurant often. I think it's one of the best Canarian restaurants in La Laguna. The food is very good and the price is fair. The only negative point goes to the service. Personally I find some of the waiters impolite. Once I reserved a table, when I arrived there I was told that it was not a real reservation for a fixed time, but they just wrote your name in an "waiting list" and as soon as you turn came you were given the table. If there's no queue I really like to have dinner there.