“Taking the rough with the smooth”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
CrystalGT
London, United Kingdom
“Taking the rough with the smooth”
Reviewed 5 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Agree with many of the other reviews - the apartment is large and well-equipped, and the terrace, with its partial views across Concha beach and Santa Clara, is amazing and uplifting. It is in a great location for all the attractions of San Sebastian.

However, for the price (we paid £350 a night for the 5 nights we were there!), I did not feel we were getting much luxury in terms of the general upkeep of the flat. The awning is tattered and torn, we could only get WiFi on four gadgets at a time, and cable TV would have been a nice touch. (Also, check that the washing machine and two sets of the terrace doors have been fixed).

There is lift access to the flat rather than use the rather damp and graffitied stairs, but this information does not seem to be particularly forthcoming, so ask about that if it's important to you.

Having said all of that, we had a lovely stay and didn't want to come home, and would probably go there again, as there don't seem to be too many apartments with such an amazing terrace and so close to the sea to choose from!

I would recommend this holiday rental to a friend so long as I had explained exactly what to expect.

GFC293
Melbourne, Australia
“90 Stairs Access and In Need of Some TLC”
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Great Location if you are fit - 90 stairs access, not suitable for the disabled.

it is very tired in parts and in need of some TLC.

a) clothes washer had missing latch making its use almost impossible without breaking your nails;
b) light furnishings were torn and/or broken;
c) shade awning on the outside was seriously sun damaged to the point it did not always retract as designed;
d) cracked toilet seat in main bathroom;
e) shower in main bathroom did not drain so was unusable;
f) hydronic heating in ensuite was leaking water on the floor and would not turn off;
g) water was turned off without notice for half a day and was full of brown suspicious sand and "mud" with a funny smell when I came back on - not drinkable and mad my hair smell after a shower;
h) it felt like it was furnished with hand-me-downs with no consistent theme, although on the whole very functional.

this was a very expensive apartment and I did expect a lot more.

terrace has great view and is spacious - best feature.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
sjw125
USA
“Beautiful condo but very confusing to find”
Reviewed 23 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The view from the large terrace is stunning. The unit is elegant in decor. You are less than a block from the most beautiful city beach in the world. Old town is a short 10 minute stroll to reach many fantastic bars and restaurants. I would give it 5 stars except the access is up a long set of public stairs that was quite a feat for my wife and me to carry all our bags. We tried first to follow the directions to take two elevators and walk through a parking garage, but the directions were confusing. One of the keys to the elevator didn't work, which left us with my wife inside the garage, and me unable to get back in. I had gone out to see if we made a mistake, and my key didn't work to get back in. Quite a fright for about a half hour until she realized I must be stuck outside and came back down the elevator carrying and pulling all our bags. Also, although there is a large garage, there is no parking for this unit. We spent 25 Euros per night to park 10 minutes away.

We have been in dozens of countries, and this was the most stressful arrival at our accommodations except for when we arrived in Dubrovnik with a pre-paid hotel reservation only to find the hotel torn apart for renovations and closed.

If the rental manager would have taken us to the unit, I would have given this 5 stars. See if you can arrange that or book somewhere else.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Christine...
“Outstanding apartment”
Reviewed 16 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Fantastic apartment with a wonderful huge deck and excellent view. Clean and spacious living areas- excellent location. Would stay here again.

NiaWest
California
“We loved it!”
Reviewed 29 December 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed in September 2016. By we, I mean my husband, my best friend and me. The location was absolutely perfect for us. It is directly across from the beach, but far enough off of the main street so that we didn't get a ton of street noise and we could still enjoy the sunset and people watching. Everything was great, but I'll just add a few points of consideration for the pickier traveler. The keys were a hassle to pick up because driving in SS is a nightmare and parking is even worse! I won't bore you with that horrific story but just keep in mind that you may need the person who books the property to be ready to jump out of the car if you rent one. Also, parking was not free and it was in a different location. We were too cheap to pay 25 euros a day, so we just parked on the street. We found a great area to park that was fairly close to the apartment so we fed the meter. Ok, now that we are off the street, lets talk about the apartment. On the evening we arrived the restaurant/bar in front of the apartment was playing salsa music. The music didn't bother us a bit and you probably wouldn't be able to hear it if you were to close the sliding doors.There are two bedrooms, and one is sizably larger than the other so this may be an issue with adult couples. Also, while the apartment itself was wonderful, the foyer was musty and dank, and the area right outside the apartment gate had litter and graffiti due to it being an access point for the public walking to and from the beach by way of the stairs. Also, there is an apartment complex right in front of the terrace that blocks more that half of the gorgeous beach view. You can still see a lot of the beach but you aren't getting an unobstructed view. To end on a positive note, there is a small supermarket a couple of blocks from the apartment, and we were able to casually strolled to dinner nightly in about 10 minutes. We have already booked for next year, so that should answer your question on whether we recommend the apartment or not, SS, the people and the food are all magic! Go!!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing