We were under the impression we were only going to lose the use of the terrace and a possible view which was fine for us. However, due to the circumstances of construction the apartment should have not have been rented out, especially to tourists for the following reasons:
1) construction began at exactly 8am but we were told 9am and the noise began at 7:30am
2) due to no air conditioning, we needed to keep windows open at night to keep cool which is fine but because of the construction and their smoking, we had to close the windows which made it warm and unpleasant. (Early morning and during the day)
3) after learning that there was going to be construction upon arrival, we were told that there would be no drilling which was NOT the case.
4) we are forced to leave the apartment during the day due to construction right outside the window
5) there are 5 workers working on our floor at all times which also forced us to close the shades
Even with a 25% discount on the post deposit balance, I don't feel that the initial email acknowledging the limited view and use of the terrace disclosed the actual impact to us as visitors. Regardless of the construction start times, I would have booked another property/hotel if if this had been detailed in the email before arrival, but it was only then that this was disclosed. Our online reviews of the apartment will have to recognize this even though I believe your apology and effort to be truly genuine.
Six of us stayed in this apartment and loved it. It was stylish, exactly as represented on Trip Adviser and the service support from the rental agency was fantastic. They were right on time, had excellent eating recommendations and even made a reservation for us. The wraparound terrace and waterview features are particular standouts. As wes the availability of open electric plugs above the bed side tables. For once, each device charging in a historic apartment! The parking was very safe and convenient, about a block away. I'd rent fthis apartment, or rom this service, again in a heartbeat. The old city was an easy three block walk away.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|