Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21/07/30
Free cancellation until 21/07/31
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$107
eDreams
Hotels.comUS$117
PricelineUS$117
Reviews (1 490)
1 490 results
All reviews old town the river excellent location basque country cava
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 490 reviews
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

We stayed at the petit palace Arana late February its a fabulous hotel with very helpful and friendly staff the rooms are well maintained and the cleaning staff very conscientious .
There’s a well stocked mini bar and
It’s in a great spot by the old town and is handy placed for exploring Bilbao

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karmele Abarrategui, Director General at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Dear Ian,

First of all, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback further to your recent stay with us and for sharing it on TripAdvisor.

It is a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and more particularly regarding the hotel location, equipment and service.
I have already shared your review with the whole team to serve as an encouragement to continue to provide the best quality of service for each guest.

We thank you again for your kind words and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 December 2019

I have stayed in Petit Palace hotels in other Spanish cities and always enjoy them. This one was no exception. They each have their own style, a mix of old and new.

This one was great for walking around the Old Town, had lovely views, a delicious breakfast, and very helpful, multilingual staff (I've seen some of the other reviews, we certainly didn't encounter any rude staff) . Our room was very comfortable and clean. They offer little side extras like bicycles and MiFi to take out for the day.

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank arsey00
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with our fellow TripAdvisor Readers. :)

It is particularly rewarding to receive such feedback, highlighting our excellent location, delicious breakfast and our commitment to consistently provide the best services to our guests.

Thank you for highly recommending Petit Palace Arana and It was our pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you again very soon.

With best regards

Reviewed 25 December 2019

Checking in at this hotel was painful. The receptionist made it feel like an insult, not a welcome. You don't expext that in the Basque country. When you arrive for Christmas in Bibao the last thing you want is the person checking you in to give you a punishing time. When asked to provide my driver licence, I gave my European photo license and was told it was not acceptable ID. Why then was I asked for it? A courteous smile and a friendly welcome would have been good. My family and I won't be staying at this hotel again. There are plenty of hotels with a good welcome.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to share your valuable feedback with us.
However, we are surprised that you have not fully enjoyed your stay with us.

I am truly saddened to read your feedback regarding our staff during your visit as the staff here at Petit Palace Arana are known for their friendly and helpful manner and I can only apologise that you did not feel this during your stay with us.

I do hope that you accept my apologies for your disappointing experience and that you reconsider and are able to stay with us again in the future to experience a more positive stay.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 16 December 2019 via mobile

The hotel was excellent and the staff were very helpful, especially Maria. The hotel asked to move us to another room for our last night as they wanted to start some works. The replacement room was a good upgrade and they gave us a free breakfast, Cava and chocolates for the inconvenience- would recommend to anyone- Bilbao is a great place to spend a weekend

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank jimhA231QB
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us this wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at the Petit Palace Arana.

It is so rewarding for us to read such magnificent comments about our hotel and, especially, our team members.

Be assured that your compliments have been shared with the entire team and especially with Maria , who went above and beyond to make your stay such a “special success”.

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful experience. We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back son.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 November 2019

Just got in the hotel and the reception area was very unwelcoming. The pictures on the wall were all crooked. Underneath the stairs was a stack of flyers and empty boxes. Carpet in need of vacuum cleaner. Small details that could make a huge difference! Once in our assigned room there was an odd smell, which I dealt with by perfuming the lamps with my cologne. The bed is comfortable and clean as is the bathroom. Furniture is beat up.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Petit Palace Arana and for taking the time to write to us

I am truly sorry read your review and I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
We are sorry to hear that there had been several elements with which you were not satisfied and for this we would like to extend our apologies as this is not the usual level or standards that we aim to achieve.

I am also saddeness to read your feedback regarding our team members during your visit. The entire team here at Petit Palace Arana are known for their friendly and helpful manner and I can only apologise that you did not feel this during your stay with us. Your comment has been shared with the Front of House Manager.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the maintenance of room allocated to you during your stay with us. There can be no excuse for poor maintenance and I am very sorry that the room offered to you was not in perfect condition for your arrival. This has been addressed with the relevant head of Department to ensure we do not receive any similar feedback.

Finally, you may wish to know that over the last year, we carried out upgrading works to various premises within the hotel, including the front entrance and renovated all the rooms of the upper floors.

I do hope that you accept my apologies for your disappointing experience and we do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.