Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$94
Hotels.comUS$94
PricelineUS$94
eDreamsUS$89
TravelocityUS$94
Trip.comUS$92
Reviews (1 499)
1 499 results
All reviews old town the river excellent location basque country cava
Selected filters
3 - 8 of 1 499 reviews
Reviewed 25 December 2019

Checking in at this hotel was painful. The receptionist made it feel like an insult, not a welcome. You don't expext that in the Basque country. When you arrive for Christmas in Bibao the last thing you want is the person checking you in to give you a punishing time. When asked to provide my driver licence, I gave my European photo license and was told it was not acceptable ID. Why then was I asked for it? A courteous smile and a friendly welcome would have been good. My family and I won't be staying at this hotel again. There are plenty of hotels with a good welcome.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to share your valuable feedback with us.
However, we are surprised that you have not fully enjoyed your stay with us.

I am truly saddened to read your feedback regarding our staff during your visit as the staff here at Petit Palace Arana are known for their friendly and helpful manner and I can only apologise that you did not feel this during your stay with us.

I do hope that you accept my apologies for your disappointing experience and that you reconsider and are able to stay with us again in the future to experience a more positive stay.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 16 December 2019 via mobile

The hotel was excellent and the staff were very helpful, especially Maria. The hotel asked to move us to another room for our last night as they wanted to start some works. The replacement room was a good upgrade and they gave us a free breakfast, Cava and chocolates for the inconvenience- would recommend to anyone- Bilbao is a great place to spend a weekend

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank jimhA231QB
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us this wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at the Petit Palace Arana.

It is so rewarding for us to read such magnificent comments about our hotel and, especially, our team members.

Be assured that your compliments have been shared with the entire team and especially with Maria , who went above and beyond to make your stay such a “special success”.

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful experience. We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back son.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 November 2019

Just got in the hotel and the reception area was very unwelcoming. The pictures on the wall were all crooked. Underneath the stairs was a stack of flyers and empty boxes. Carpet in need of vacuum cleaner. Small details that could make a huge difference! Once in our assigned room there was an odd smell, which I dealt with by perfuming the lamps with my cologne. The bed is comfortable and clean as is the bathroom. Furniture is beat up.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Petit Palace Arana and for taking the time to write to us

I am truly sorry read your review and I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
We are sorry to hear that there had been several elements with which you were not satisfied and for this we would like to extend our apologies as this is not the usual level or standards that we aim to achieve.

I am also saddeness to read your feedback regarding our team members during your visit. The entire team here at Petit Palace Arana are known for their friendly and helpful manner and I can only apologise that you did not feel this during your stay with us. Your comment has been shared with the Front of House Manager.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the maintenance of room allocated to you during your stay with us. There can be no excuse for poor maintenance and I am very sorry that the room offered to you was not in perfect condition for your arrival. This has been addressed with the relevant head of Department to ensure we do not receive any similar feedback.

Finally, you may wish to know that over the last year, we carried out upgrading works to various premises within the hotel, including the front entrance and renovated all the rooms of the upper floors.

I do hope that you accept my apologies for your disappointing experience and we do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights during the BIME festival, and paid 277 euros. We were extremely disappointed with what was on offer. The actual room was small, and the connecting bathroom provided no privacy as the glass panel and door had gaps all along and provided no noise barrier at all. The shower wasn't the cleanest it could have been. Our biggest complaint was the smell of sewage from the bathroom which was absolutely awful. We did complain, but nothing was done to rectify there problem, and the receptionist blamed it on the proximity to the river. We didn't pay 14 euros for the extra breakfast, double the price of a decent breakfast in any of the surrounding bars. The towels were poor quality and cups of tea weren't cleaned from our first day to the last. If this hotel had been half the price, I might be able to understand.

Date of stay: November 2019
3  Thank upenglishtom
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2019

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review your last stay at the Petit Palace Arana.
We appreciate your comments as it is only through caring guests such as yourself and through your feedback that we are able to continually monitor and improve both the quality of our products and standards of services provided.

I am sorry that your experience did not entirely met your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Rest assured that this does not reflect the quality of service we are striving to provide. I have taken your different comments into account and shared it with our Heads of Departments to take corrective actions.

I am also pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again and offer you the excellent level of service you so much deserve,

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

We spent 4 nights here, and loved the location, with its easy access to the old town and excellent transport links with the metro, trams and buses nearby.
Our room was on the second floor, and looked out on to the main road, which did have the road noise, but also a great little balcony! We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel, mainly after looking at previous reviews, but there are so many eating places nearby that was no problem. I requested a kettle and cups in our room, which they did provide (this was much appreciated!).
The bathroom was a little tired, but clean and functional. It would have been good to have some hooks in the room somewhere to hang things.
A great hotel in a super location - we would definitely return.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank aquagirl23
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful time at the Petit Palace Arana.

Furthermore,I am really pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation in order to provide service of the best quality to our guests.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team as your satisfaction is a great source of motivation and encouragement for all our team.

It would be an immense pleasure to welcome you again at the hotel to share another exceptional experience.