Lowest prices for your stay
US$94
Priceline
Prestigia.comUS$114
Reviews (1 498)
1 498 results
All reviews old town the river excellent location basque country cava
Selected filters
6 - 11 of 1 498 reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights during the BIME festival, and paid 277 euros. We were extremely disappointed with what was on offer. The actual room was small, and the connecting bathroom provided no privacy as the glass panel and door had gaps all along and provided no noise barrier at all. The shower wasn't the cleanest it could have been. Our biggest complaint was the smell of sewage from the bathroom which was absolutely awful. We did complain, but nothing was done to rectify there problem, and the receptionist blamed it on the proximity to the river. We didn't pay 14 euros for the extra breakfast, double the price of a decent breakfast in any of the surrounding bars. The towels were poor quality and cups of tea weren't cleaned from our first day to the last. If this hotel had been half the price, I might be able to understand.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank upenglishtom
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2019

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review your last stay at the Petit Palace Arana.
We appreciate your comments as it is only through caring guests such as yourself and through your feedback that we are able to continually monitor and improve both the quality of our products and standards of services provided.

I am sorry that your experience did not entirely met your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Rest assured that this does not reflect the quality of service we are striving to provide. I have taken your different comments into account and shared it with our Heads of Departments to take corrective actions.

I am also pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation preparation, that will see a complete make-over of the Hotel and the bulk of the issues raised are to be part of this

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again and offer you the excellent level of service you so much deserve,

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

We spent 4 nights here, and loved the location, with its easy access to the old town and excellent transport links with the metro, trams and buses nearby.
Our room was on the second floor, and looked out on to the main road, which did have the road noise, but also a great little balcony! We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel, mainly after looking at previous reviews, but there are so many eating places nearby that was no problem. I requested a kettle and cups in our room, which they did provide (this was much appreciated!).
The bathroom was a little tired, but clean and functional. It would have been good to have some hooks in the room somewhere to hang things.
A great hotel in a super location - we would definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aquagirl23
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful time at the Petit Palace Arana.

Furthermore,I am really pleased to advise that we are in the process of a master plan renovation in order to provide service of the best quality to our guests.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team as your satisfaction is a great source of motivation and encouragement for all our team.

It would be an immense pleasure to welcome you again at the hotel to share another exceptional experience.

Reviewed 22 October 2019

When we got there soon after 6 pm we we told that the room had been freed as we did not arrive by 4 pm. We had already paid for 4 nights but the Receptionist insisted it was the hotel policy. I am afraid that this has never been written on any of the paperwork that we have received.
We were told that it was our problem to sort it as it was nothing to do with them. They put us up in a crummy room for one night but said that there will be no room for the next 2 nights.
We had an awful night where noise was constant from the traffic and light was streaming in as the blackout curtain was broken. Although I paid for a room for 3 people, there was hardly any room for two.
I would warn others from staying here from our experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank choo w
Karmele A, Gerente at Petit Palace Arana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Petit Palace Arana and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
Our main aim being guest satisfaction and quality delivery, we do take our guests’ and their well being very seriously and always hope to meet the guests’ expectations.

I am truly saddened to read your feedback regarding your time wiht us and I have shared your comments with our Front of House Manager.

We have also noted your comment with regards of the condition of our facility, I am indeed very sorry we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. Please allow me to confirm that we have an ongoing refurbishment plans to different areas of the hotel which will bring new and exciting things to the hotel.

Thank you once again for your comments, as it is only through such feedback that we are able to constantly improve our products and services. I do hope you have a change of heart and decide to return to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 October 2019 via mobile

We had a lovely short break, location is perfect for exploring the old town and transport links excellent for travelling further afield. The hotel reception staff are really helpful, room clean and simple. Sympathetic restoration of a historic building.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank africasue

Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, and thank you for choosing Petit Palace Arana.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service provided and please be assured that I will share your kind words with all the team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your nice comment toward the TripAdvisor community, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at `Petit Palace Arana!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2019

We enjoyed this friendly and extremely well-located hotel for 3 nights. It's just on edge of old part of city. We had a room overlooking a narrow street, first floor. Yes, it was a bit noisy but the windows are well soundproofed and we had earplugs. If people-noise bothers you, then stay away from medieval old city hotels. The building is old, big wooden beams. The staff were all friendly and helpful, especially the delightful young woman when we checked in. She gave us a map and lots of advice about things to do and where to eat. A really great location, right in the old town, close to all the narrow streets. Only negs: no kettle in room and washbasin a little tatty. But a lovely room and bathroom otherwise. Enjoyed our stay here.

Room tip: We enjoyed first floor
3  Thank Chris W

Dear Chris,

It a great pleasure to read that you appreciated our property with its l atmosphere. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service provided.
Besides, We highly appreciate your valuable comments as this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your nice comment toward the TripAdvisor community, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Petit Palace Arana

Best Regards,