Lowest prices for your stay
US$116
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$116
eDreamsUS$116
Agoda.comUS$116
All reviews hill overlooking ferry port easy access minute drive following morning visiting bilbao sitting area stayed here for one night the ground floor hotel is perfect lovely room old town city 3star portsmouth stopover soap
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2020

Excellent stop over for 1 night in Bilbao. Great location in the mountains, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The hotel staff were friendly and welcoming and we felt safe with the Covid 19 measures they had put in place. We arrived late and the staff were kind enough to make us snacks and drinks as nearby restaurants were closed due to Covid restrictions. The hotel was perfect for us and our small dog :-)

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 25 October 2020

I spent 3 nights in this lovely hotel. Its set in the mountain with stunning gardens over looking all of Bilbao. The staff are so friendly and helpful. My car broke down on way from Cadiz and I informed the hotel of a late check-in. I arrived at 2.30am and the night porter met me in Car park and checked me in to my room. This is classified as a 2star but I would class it as 3star. The place is so clean the gardens kept immaculate. Its pet friendly which was a big bonus as I have a dog. Max my dog hurt his leg playing ball and the lovely lady Eva arranged a vets appointment for me and came to my room with all the details. The staff couldn't do enough and so friendly. I found out that Eva is thee Owner as I got her flowers as a thank you. The hotel is very tranquil and I would definitely go back there again with friends. Thank you for such a lovely stay.
Many Thanks
Rory Patterson.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2020

Its up on a tiny hill and away from the city yet close enough to get there. We were greeted by a very friendly and cheerful man named XABIER, he was very informative about how to get around with food and transport to town.

The room is very well kept, clean and spacious, the bathroom shower has all the bodywash and soap. Clean towels .

Breakfast is available if required within the hotel. Few Restaurant are a few minutes walk away.

Very Covid concious, our temperature were taken when we arrived, and theres hand sanitizers and tissues at every entrance. Very CLEAN! Well impressed.

Room tip: This might be a budget 2 star hotel but I would rate this 3stars and more.
Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 27 July 2020 via mobile

Excellent stopover in the hills above Bilbao. Very well organised about Covid19! The staff were brilliant, anyone without a mask got short shrift. The room was well appointed, bed comfortable and the view over the city below is stunning.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2020

We needed a dog friendly hotel close to the Bilbao port for an overnight stay before boarding the ferry back to Portsmouth. We found the Hotel Artetxe online and having checked previous reviews we decide to book it. And we weren't disappointed. Set in a lovely location with fantastic views over the city of Bilbao and a room that ticked all the boxes for a stay with our four legged friend; on the ground floor with easy access to the gardens and an off road walk, bed, bowl and treats provided and staff that were obviously dog friendly. The room was also excellent for us humans! In addition the continental breakfast the next morning was fantastic, with a wide choice of fruit, ham, cheese, bread, pastries and several other very tasty treats. Again the lady looking after the breakfast service was so helpful and so friendly. A little gem and highly recommended. Thank you Hotel Artetxe.

Date of stay: February 2020