“Out of this world!”

and up
Private Tour: Guggenheim Bilbao Museum
Ranked #1 of 126 things to do in Bilbao
More attraction details
Owner description: American architect Frank Gehry is responsible for this architectural masterpiece: this fantastic chrome and metal creation houses a large collection of modern and contemporary art, a continuation of the Guggenheim legacy.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

What can one say after this experience! This building is fantastic on so many levels. I love Jeff Koons’s Puppy and Tukips but what stood out was Richard Serra’s “A matter of time”. This is a must for everyone to see before you leave this lovely earth of ours

Write a ReviewReviews (14 660)
All reviews
"puppy"
in 314 reviews

289 - 293 of 14 660 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Viewed from the outside or from the hill above the building is quite impessive. Closer up not so as begins to show its age. We had no problem with ticketing mid morning and started at the top and worked down. Very few of the exibits grabbed me (my problem I know) and this is not a place I would to visit again as none of the permanent pieces really excelled (Warhol and a few others maybe). I would say you should check what is held and exhibited before paying. If you like it fine if not enjoy the outside - it is free. I should note one of our party thought it was great.

1  Thank nsander219
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

It’s probably not necessary to spend all too many words on this famous highlight of Bilbao. I didn’t enter the museum on my first trip to Bilbao because of some negative reviews. This time my girlfriend and I went to see the museums collection and me and we were both very enthusiastic about the art.

Great collection of modern art. Indeed very spacious museum with large exhibition halls, but that seemed to contribute to the special atmosphere of this museum.

By the way, you don’t need many hours to get a decent impression of the museum, we spent about 1.5 hours.

1  Thank Maarten3058315
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Loved the museum and Bilbao city. We booked a tour witha local company and they drove us to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe and Guggenheim. Bilbao was much more beautiful than expected.