“Perfect bar food with great atmosphere”
Review of La Cata Ciega

La Cata Ciega
Ranked #45 of 3 127 Restaurants in Seville
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Description: Contemporary bar with carefully selected tapas and wine pairings.
Description: Contemporary bar with carefully selected tapas and wine pairings.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for tapas and drinks, and good to arrive when it opens to guarentee a seat as it filled up within 20 minutes! The staff were very attentive, bringing drinks immediately upon arrival and clearing plates straight away. The intimate space (around 15 seats) stopped it from being too loud, perfect for food and drinks.

The food was incredibly nice, and we ordered the house risotto, chorizo, and mackerel amongst others. The Tempranillo wine was lovely, and the price was very reasonable. Would definitely come again.

1  Thank J3917S

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Tiny spot on Zaragoza Street with no outdoor tables, perhaps just 15 seats inside ( a few tables and some seats at their small bar ). We managed to score a table at about 10:30pm. The food (Tapas ) is simply elite and they are worthy of their current top-10 ranking. My faves were the chorizo, risotto and sardine items.

1  Thank Fantom_Gormay
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We've been in Spain for almost a week and this was my favorite restaurant by far. As others have said, it's a very small restaurant; however, we went at 10pm on a Thursday and there was no line to get in. We got the potato salad, the mushroom and poached egg, a platter with the chorizo and various other meats, and the wild boar dish. All of the food we got was amazing. I don't normally eat potato salad and this was the best potato salad either me or my husband has ever had. I know this sounds random in a Spanish restaurant, but I would definitely try it if you like potatoes at all. The wild boar was so tender and tasted like beef short ribs and the purée that came with it perfectly complimented the boar. As someone said below, I wish we'd discovered this sooner as this was unfortunately our last meal in Seville. If we'd discovered this sooner we most certainly would've gone back. 10/10 would recommend.

1  Thank Lgg8318
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

It’s no. 16 of 2982 restaurants in Seville by @tripadvisor , and it’s said it’s always queing up and packed (since it’s small resto), luckily i didnt have to que-up, so ... I tried some of their specialty tapas : octopus timbale, marinated tuna and seaweed spaghetti, braised eild boar cheeks , i think it’s quite recommended, since it’s in centro area, service was good , dishes was beautifully prepared, boarcheeks was very tender, marinated tuna with wasabi sauce tasted like japanese, and octopus was delicious too, nothing to complain, and the most important thing is it’s value for the money

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We ate at La Cata Ciega tonight and were lucky enough to get two seats right away. The wine was lovely (dry and chilled to perfection) and we opted for some of the TripAdvisor recommendations - octopus timbale and ox cheeks. Both were delicious. We opted for goats cheese and celery purée which was also a big hit. We then chose the sausage and spicy chorizo. We both were blown away by how moreish the chorizo was. It was served with bread and simply spread over. Finished on a high. I only wish we had discovered this place earlier on our holiday.

Highly recommend. Even if you have to wait in a queue!