“Steaks are great”

Block House
Ranked #658 of 1 519 Restaurants in Marbella
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 16 April 2015

Rumpsteak, filet mignon, tenderloin, T-bone steak, nice wines, delicious meals. Very friendly and quick service.

Reviewed 22 January 2015 via mobile

Love this place steaks are lush and cooked perfectly, House salad as a starter is very tasty. Keep going back. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Suzanne C
Reviewed 21 December 2014 via mobile

My partner and I came along after initially wanting tapas and being tempted by the reviews.

She ordered a rare Mrs Striploin and myself, "the house delicacy", a rib-eye master cut.

Both steaks came completely overcooked. My partners resembled and had the texture of a strip of leather and mine was distinctly average. For the prices paid, I expected far better. I also asked for mustard and got German mustard which is vile. Dijon should have been served with this kind of steak.

We also had side vegetables which were microwaved and finished on the grill and dripping in oil.

The jacket potato was good however.

The service was also good and quick.

Not much else to add, other than this is a chain and not a good one at that. I'll go to the tapas next door in future.

1  Thank beanbaguk
Reviewed 28 November 2014

As someone has already said, the location really doesn't do this establishment any favours. On the other hand when we went for lunch on a Thursday it was absolutely packed with waiting list. On this occasion we just had the Filet Mignone with a salad a la carte. The steak was probably the best I have had in a long time. It really melted in your mouth but had lots of real flavour. The price is quite high at €25.80 but that included a large roast potato done to perfection and a salad. Obviously a nice bottle of Milu from Ribera del Duero at €15 bumps the bill up a bit but is very necessary in our opinion. They do have a menu of the day which we have had before at €13.70 which is really good value. In spite of being so busy we had excellent service with a smile or two.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

This is one of the nicest meals I have ever had. The Block House burger was delicious. This restaurant is based upstairs in La Canada Shopping Centre. The food was cooked to perfection. There was 6 of us in total and we all left with empty plates and full tummies and it is great value for money. A must visit in Marbella if you like steak and burgers.