US$839
US$570
US$364
US$405
US$350
Amare Beach Hotel Marbella(Marbella)
US$462
US$338
AmareHotels.com
NH Marbella(Marbella)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$150
NH Hotels
  • Pool
H10 Andalucia Plaza(Nueva Andalucia)
US$345
US$1 408
US$986
Reviews (1 153)
1 153 results
All reviewsla cabanebeach clubla cabanamumm champagneflamingo restaurantantony wolfsonchampagne breakfastjunior suitebuffet lunchlovely hotelhotel guestsjacuzzi bathan upgraderelaxing breakbreakfast was excellenthotel restaurantmain pool
16 - 21 of 1 153 reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2018

I recently stayed for one week at this hotel and my comments are the following:

Rooms – we were allocated a room with a duplex style of living, having to go down stairs for the bedroom area and more stairs for the bathroom with no view at all. I don’t expect this from a 5* hotel and can’t see how this was passed from a health and safety perspective. We weren’t asked if we had any mobility problems and whether this would be an issue for us. We were moved after we requested a change of room and whilst we did have a balcony the view was still undesirable. As for the ironing board well, it’s a great size if you want to iron clothes for a baby and not an adult. The ironing board we had was utterly pathetic. Their also appears to be dodgy electrics in the room and the travel adaptors would not fit in properly even though they meet the required standard and have been used in other hotels many times. The only plugs by the beds are for the lamps so if you want to charge your phone then the lamps needs to go off…what a hassle. The bathroom could do with an extractor fan too to get rid of the steam during showering etc and not for guests to clean the mirrors after each shower.

Housekeeping – this is in need of much improvement along with the standard of English of the staff. On my second night stay there I noticed the towels were not replaced, sinks not cleaned, toiletries/tea/coffee/milk not re-stocked which would be expected from any hotel. When I called reception to tell them I wasn’t happy with housekeeping they advised me they should come twice a day and dismissed my comments. No apology. No complimentaries. No nothing….and no I didn’t put a sign up saying please do not disturb. I had to call the reception desk on more than one occasion to ask for these standard items which was embarrassing for me but again dismissive from the hotel reception and staff. Also there’s no complimentary water in the hotel rooms, they clearly want their guests to dehydrate and want to charge ridiculous prices from what they class as their mini bar area. I called and asked for a few plasters one evening as my friend banged her toe against the door. It’s a bit embarrassing to be handed over one small plaster and nothing else. Clearly the hotel does not have a first aid box and stock of plasters or wipes. Can you really expect a guest to walk around wearing the same plaster for a week’s stay. There was no question of how the cut took place and need for a first aider or entry in the first aid book. Customer service needs much improvement at this place.

Communication – language barrier seems to be a major issue in the hotel and English isn’t easily understood despite the number of Britain’s in Marbella. Staff at the hotel come across as being rude, arrogant and dismissive. We were asked to leave the hotel area one day as it was after breakfast time even though other people were still sitting there and we were quiet and enjoying our morning. The other guests just sat there and clearly people are treated differently. I asked one of the lifeguards if there was an indoor pool and he said he didn’t know and to ask the spa area. If a lifeguard doesn’t know about the pools at the hotel then who else would? There was no offer to go and find out and to let me know. Another poor example from an allegedly 5* hotel.

Sunbeds – the hotel has a private beach area which you need to be taken to by a golf caddy. If you want to use the sunbeds there then you have to pay an extra price and to use their very small private beach. This wasn’t very clear in the hotel literature when we made the booking. This is the first hotel I have stayed in which doesn’t have its own on site beach and charges for use of sunbeds. Sunbeds are free to use at the hotel but the view is just the hotel grounds itself, one evening we were told we had to get off the sunbed as it was approaching 7pm. Why when you’re on hotel grounds anyway? The private beach is only until 7pm as well and clearly has private parties there after as you can hear the music from your room during the night and early hours of the morning.

Dining – the snack area is overpriced and is closed when the restaurant is open. Menu’s for both are restrictive in dietary requirements and price ranges.

When we checked in there was no mention of the Marbella festival and a regional holiday on the last day with all the shops being closed. If we knew of this in advance we could have planned our week more effectively. We were only asked about our stay when checking out and at which point there was only enough time to get breakfast before the shuttle bus arrived so there was no point of going into detail when I was dismissed previously when I called reception on a number of occasions.

The plus side it it’s a quiet hotel but to get to anywhere you need to travel in taxi’s. Also, there’s no shuttle bus service which allot of hotels tend to provide free of charge.

This is a 5* hotel and prices with a big minus/-5* customer service and helpfulness.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank 411pamkd
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights, part business and part social.
Didn’t eat at the hotel apart from breakfast but overall from check in to check out the service was 1st class.
Can’t fault the hotel for anything as everyone was attentive and helpful

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Los Monteros M, Director General at Los Monteros Spa & Golf Resort GL, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Mr. Mike M,

It is a pleasure for us to read your amiable comments about Hotel Los Monteros 5* GL. Thank you for trusting our team for your recent stay.

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed a wonderful time in our establishment. We appreciate your words about our staff courtesy and service.

We will be delighted to welcome you in our hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Fernando Al- Farkh

Reviewed 11 June 2018

What a fabulous hotel with superb amenities.The rooms are great, buffet breakfast endless and swimming pool gorgeous.
This is a great golfing hotel, with very friendly and helpful staff.There are plenty of challenging golf courses nearby, which are easy to get to.

Stayed: June 2018
Los Monteros M, Director General at Los Monteros Spa & Golf Resort GL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mrs. Mary R,

It is a pleasure to read your kind review regarding your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We have informed about your kind words to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon at Los Hotel Los Monteros 5*GL.

Best regards,

Fernando Al- Farkh

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a special birthday but gutted that it did not live up to its 5 stars! Building work at the hotel made the bar look like a building site and provided ear piercing drilling all day long by the pool. The hotel gave me a couple of tickets to go to their beach club which was lovely and quieter, but I had to pay for 3 extra days entry to get some relaxation.

I thought my aircon was broken, it took two days for an engineer to come and when he did it wasn't broken but centrally controlled. Apparently set at 18 degrees, which could not have been true as you could have boiled eggs on the dressing table. The only way to sleep was to leave the patio doors open which when you have a road facing room provides noise on the levels of sleeping on the hard shoulder of the M25. Also having booked a single room, I felt quite nervous leaving the door open all night, but it was that or no sleep at all.

The fridge was also broken.

I was eventually given a room away from the road which was quieter but still like sleeping on the surface of the sun.

Breakfast had all the quality of an all you can eat buffet at a 2 star hotel, with cooked breakfasts that were cold and unappealing. Surprisingly they charge €23 for this Oliver Twist style meal!

Overall the hotel could be great with a refurb, some aircon and a new chef. Sounds like they need to improve their communication too, as I sent a strongly worded complaint to British Airways Holidays, who said they knew nothing of the building work, which I understand a business is legally obliged to tell you in advance of your travel.

I paid three times what I usually pay for a 5 star hotel in Marbella at this time of year as it was a special birthday. Unfortunately it was 3 times worse #sadtimes #youruinedmybirthdaytrip :-(

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear 99LC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very important for us, as it helps us to improve our services and facilities.

We really appreciate your remarks about your experience in our Hotel. Thank you for your feedback. First of all, I would like to inform you that Hotel Los Monteros Spa & Golf Resort meets all requirements, facilities and services that the law provides to display the category of 5 stars GL in Spain. These requirements are not based on personal preferences, but on the facilities and services that the Hotel offers to all guests. We regret to hear that your overall experience was not up to your standards.

W are really surprised about your comments, as our guests always congratulate us for our personalized service and great facilities. First of all, let me inform you that your were lodged in nice room according to the requested booking. During your stay, it is true that there was an exceptional incident with a water leak in the Restaurant area. This isolated fact was reported to our technical services staff and was solved immediately. In fact, our guests were invited to enjoy a relaxing day at our exclusive beach club for free during the repair works.

According to our records, your never informed us about your nonconformity or asked for a new room change after being moved to another room. In this case, as soon as we had known it, you would have been immediately offered a solution. We can confirm you that our central air conditioning system worked properly as any other guest reported about it.

In any case, please, accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. We really look forward to welcoming you soon in order you could change your impresssions about your recent stay.

All Los Monteros staff remains at your entire disposal for any requirement you may need to assure a pleasant stay in the near future.

Yours faithfully,
Fernando Al-Farkh

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We went there for the valentine weekend which was also our anniversary. The staff were very friendly, the valentine experience was great and it was worth it. The hotel is very clean and a friendly place to be in. The second time we went there in April with my parents in law and our dog pet. It was a weekend away gift we gave to my mother in law for her birthday. The hotel gave us options for a better room that person with mobility problems can use comfortable and also dog friendly. Again the staff were very helpful and polite. We are looking forward to another stay at the Los Monteros in the near future

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Los Monteros M, Director General at Los Monteros Spa & Golf Resort GL, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Mr. Christine O,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Hotel Los Monteros 5* GL.

First of all, we are grateful for the positive remarks about your experience in our Hotel. Your feedback is very important for us, as it helps us to improve our services and facilities.

We really appreciate your comments about our services.

Our aim is to offer our guests a relaxing holiday and we are really proud to know that you have experienced a nice stay during your visit. Thank you for your kinds words about service quality.

Please, do not hesitate to contact our Booking Departments before your next visit in order to provide you the best available offer.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon!

Yours sincerely,