“Gastronomic tapas”
Review of Aire Gastrobar

Aire Gastrobar
Reserve with
Aire Gastrobar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 2 441 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Simply said, even when not hungry, you wish you could try the whole menu. We had an excellent time with very high level Andalusian products.

1  Thank xavier v

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This place gets very good write ups, so off I went to search it out...
It seemed very nice when I got there, not too busy. I was seated and given the menu by a nice bilingual waitress.
I decided to go for a bit of a 'tasting session' and try several dishes, so I ordered what I thought was enough for me.
But then the waitress came back and politely suggested that I'd ordered too much, and perhaps I should order less?
Now, I've been reviewing restaurants for about 7 years now, of all different types, and I've developed a feel for exactly what you are likely to get from different types of restaurant. In this type of haute-cuisine establishment, I expected small-but-perfectly-formed tasty dishes. Which is what I got. I also know exactly how much of the aforementioned dishes I can comfortably eat.
So I was a bit surprised when I was told I was overordering. It wasn't the waitress' fault - she was just the messenger. Someone in the kitchen had decided how much I should eat. Anyway, I gave her the benefit of the doubt - she may know something I didn't (unexpectedly huge portions, perhaps?) - and reduced the order.
When it arrived it was exactly as I originally expected. Tasty, artistic... and small. Every dish. (See my photo of the main course).
I had lots of room left for dessert, which was a lemony foamy thing. So insubstantial that I hardly knew I'd eaten it.
Then I decided to call it a night and leave. Still hungry. Very hungry.
So maybe when a customer orders what he knows he will be able to eat, perhaps you should just give it to him, and not second guess his appetites?
I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank DiveGodUk
Reviewed 4 May 2017

This was a pleasant surprise. I had a tapa of "foie with apple cream and its crunchy and Pedro Ximenez reduction", "Boneless suckling pig with carrot in textures" and "Chocolate half sphere with caramel sauce", all really good.

The waiter was extremely helpful and spoke good English. He recommended a red wine from Ronda (by the glass), which was excellent.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Just happened to be passing and spotted the TripAdvisor ranking so had to give it a try... we were not disappointed. Really exciting menu, the lobster croquettes were particularly amazing. Really great value too. Wine was also fantastic. Would happily return asap!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

We went to this restaurant as a last minute decision and they were able to accommodate us even on a Saturday night.

We sat upstairs in the main restaurant area, the staff were great and were patient with our basic Spanish. Everything was also very clean.

The taco starter was outstanding, one of the best starters I have had, the mains were also great, we both got pork.

We stayed for desert and coffee and all in the bill was very reasonable, we will be back the next time we are in Malaga.