“Some strange things”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Just visited the other Lo Güeno, Meson lo Güeno, which was excellent. This is more modern and more touristic. Queso fundido which we ordered was nearly cold. Later, we recognised that other customers' dish were sizzling hot and the cheese was melting - not as ours. We also ordered revuelto de bacalao and got rabo de toro. Later we got revuelto which was cold and the plate was dirty.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Ok. Our waiter spoke very good English ( to other tables ) but acted like he couldn’t understand English or Spanish when we spoke to him and was quite dismissive and condescending. To top it all off he spilled food on our friend which stained her dress. They simply gave her stain remover and a shoe brush to clean it with a so-sad-too-bad attitude. The waiter we had was 50ish, darker hair with glasses.

The food itself was ok. There is a very good grilled mushroom appetizer plus the mains ( oxtail, cod, smoked fish/eggs ) were decent.

Prices are higher than most places.

So it might be hit or miss at this place.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Friendly attentive staff. The restaurant looked attractive and was part of a good street vibe. Located off the main shopping street in centre.
We sat outside and they put on heaters as the evening progressed as it was only May.
The food was good and we had pork loin in a wine based sauce. Recommend the white Rioja to drink.
The restaurant had a nice decor inside and clean w.c.
We went back another day for lunch. Perhaps a little more expensive than some restaurants but we felt we got what we paid for.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

We were there in April 2018, not the best weather, but very well protected from the rain/wind. I had the pig's cheeks (carillada) so tender and a nice sauce, a few chips. Then the dessert was the rice(arroz) warm and superb with cinnamon. OH had steak( filet de ternera) it must have been good since I didn't have to polish off her beef,. Only problem was with her dessert of jelly which I was assured was more or less lacking taste. Wine was excellent again and the service was faultless, the waiter who mainly served has excellent conversational English and made us very welcome. Again I have only given 4*, because I cannot give 4.90 , I realise I am being very picky, but that is because tripadvisor won't let me be accurate (if I give every restaurant 5* then it seems I am just gushing)

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Location, cleanliness and food are ok. But the attitude of the waiter was miserable! My friend ordered in Spanish (because he is Spanish) so there was no room for misunderstanding and nonetheless the waiter got the order wrong. But then instead of admitting to his mistake, he started to fight with us over who was right for 5-10 minutes!! He almost made us pay for something we didn’t order!

Also, there are no tapas or medias raciones. You can order EXCLUSIVELY what is on the menu - zero flexibility. The portions are modest in quantity so this is actually a high priced restaurant for what it has to offer.

Due to the service - NOT recommended!