“Best food I've had travelling through Spain”
Review of El Gastronauta

El Gastronauta
Ranked #33 of 2 621 Restaurants in Malaga
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Description: EL GASTRONAUTA is a junction point between art, culture and gastronomy; where we fusion traditional Spanish cuisine with international points and dishes of the world and always with a personal and innovative touch. We use also to offer exhibitions by local artists; painting, photography, poetry ... we'll be really happy to welcome to you in our place! CLOSED FOR HOLIDAYS FROM September 1º to September 07
Reviewed 17 June 2018

This is my first-ever Tripadvisor review and it's for a good reason. I've travelled through Spain and many other EU countries for over 8 years and I can without a doubt say that this is one of the best restaurants I've been to. I sat at the bar and the very friendly waitress (Morela) guided me through the menu and recommended three tapas (spicy shrimp, a type of squid with parsley and a toast with chicken and caramelized onions) plus a cold glass of sangria. We spoke for a while about how they get fresh and local ingredients daily, which I corroborated when my food arrived. Unlike many Spanish tapas, these are not fried and instead derive their taste from the carefully selected spices that heighten the taste of the ingredients. The owner, who works directly in the kitchen, came out and told me how much he enjoys cooking and seeing his customers happy and satisfied. Overall, you will get delicious dishes and a delightful service. It's also highly affordable considering the ingredients and craft. There is nothing nicer than eating food that you can feel was prepared with love and passion. This is definitely a must stop in Malaga.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 037)

73 - 77 of 1 037 reviews

Reviewed 17 June 2018

My teenage son chose this restaurant and kudos to him - the best meals we had in our 10 day Spain trip.

We showed up on a Wednesday evening without a reservation and were lucky enough to snag an outside table. My sons finally decided to try paella and chose the chicken paella. I had their salad that had mixed greens, goat cheese, quinoa, walnuts and some other things - it was amazing and a meal in itself! (Sorry I can't recall the name).

The service was delightful - our young waiter answered our many questions about Malaga and the restaurant (and himself) - he even offered us tastings of the Patxaran without charge. The desserts were as good as the dinner - everything was perfectly prepared.

We were so enamored of the restaurant we came back the next day for lunch and had the exact same dishes. Incredible - don't miss it!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

we enjoyed a delicious dinner in this little restaurant. it was definetly one of the best spanish meal we've had. and the funny and kind service from the waiter miguel was just the icing on the cake. definetly worth it if you want to enjoy a classical spanish paella

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We managed to book a table for Thursday evening, and had a fabulous meal. This small restaurant steps up to the mark not only with the tasty and well presented food but also the knowledgeable and friendly staff. I would say that this year’s visit was even better that our previous experience last year. Keep up the great work - one of our favourite places to eat in Malaga.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This is definitely the best restaurant in Malaga. The food is the best in town, worth every penny. It's small but the dishes are made with love❤

2  Thank Roy J