“Interesting dishes, but not the best Gnocchi”
Review of Der Bauch von Kiel

Der Bauch von Kiel
Ranked #25 of 386 Restaurants in Kiel
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2016

The restaurant is nice, the menu has a number of dishes that sound interesting, clearly no standard menus. I had Gnocchi which were unfortunately disappointing, the colleagues who were accompanying me were really please with their dishes.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

The food here is excellent. The server we had was just OK. It seems like a lot of locals come here for drinks. We came for dinner and were very pleased. They had Italian dishes and meat dishes. I recommend it.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Cosy restaurant with excellent food and drink, I was surprised by the day market fish. The meals were nice to see and a great pleasure to eat.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

We were a group of people and were placed in a room where another group had already started their party, which was very loud. Our party may have added to that as we had to shout to each other to be heard. The acoustics was thus terrible, probably due to the interior arrangement. This was the negative side of the experience. If you can avoid an evening with shouting groups, this place will probably be rated excellent. The restaurant has a varied menu, basically Italian, with a large selection and choice of the day. I had a very good bruschetta with tomatoes before the main dish. As the main course I had the steak, which was absolutely excellent. I skipped the dessert, but from around the table I heard exclamations about the different dessert choices. We had a house wine with the food, which was fine, but not excellent. My high rating is due to the quality of the food, but not the atmosphere, which should be improved.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

small restaurant near the center in a quiet residential area. within walking distance from my hotel. selection of appetizers, first and second courses of meat and fish. good soup season and is the plate of fish (bream) and meat. At the end, the requested 2 ng with bills (we were two) were understood 2 beers and the owner drank smiling with "1000 grazie".