“Good, but long wait”

Turtle Bay Dresden
Ranked #31 of 1 000 Restaurants in Dresden
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was so excited to try this restaurant because I love Caribbean food! We came on a day though when there was a really big group there that had taken up the top floor and the main floor was also full the entire time. We got the impression then that things were extra busy. We enjoyed the Doubles as an appetizer (and I would fully recommend them, they were excellent) and sipped away on our Caribbean Pims cocktails (which were also delicious). Somehow though, in the major hustle and bustle, someone forgot to mention to the kitchen that we were done with our appetizers and that they should start cooking our meals. Needless to say, we waited a very long time. The staff was apologetic and sent over a complementary espresso. When we finally got our meals we did enjoy them. The food is very well done. Anything with Jerk is excellent. My husband had the jerked lamb (which was mouth-wateringly delicious) and I had the Trinidad curry. The food will not disappoint and the atmosphere is very cool. It’s worth a visit, but it’s a hip and happening place, so be prepared to wait.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We chose this restaurant because we wanted something different. And it really is different! The place full of untraditional way of decorations, the food and also the service. We liked it a lot, don’t be afraid to try it out when you look for something new.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beware!
The food felt microwaved and the taste was bad.
I can't even call it fast food because it took about 35 mins for the plates to show.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Right from entering the restaurant you were made very welcome and all the staff had a great sense of humour. This is a place that knows how to deal with customers, lived on and off in Germany for 4 years now and can’t remember better service. Decided to choose the goat curry as this was a first for me and I was not disappointed. Partner had beef cheeks as did another friend and again not disappointed. The cocktails were excellent and were regular strength which is always a surprise during happy hour. This is worth a visit and expect to visit there many more times now that our first experience was so good.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this restaurant. Staff was friendly and efficient and the food was lovely. The ginger beer is really good. I wouldn't recomment the mojito, it really.wasn't great.