“Great Schnitzel”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Took the advice of other Trip Advisor reviewers and visited Brauhaus zur Sonne for our first meal in Germany during our trip. We didn't have reservations, which I highly recommend, but our party of five was able to be seated. If we had been a few minutes later, we would have been waiting quite a while. Wait staff was not super friendly but we were there more for the food. We got three different schnitzels and all were delicious. The restaurant is located in the pedestrian area so best to park in a parking garage as street parking is very hard to find. Prices are average for restaurants in this area. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 20:50. Greeted or better not greeted by an extremely unfriendly waitress. After 30 seconds the waitresses , again in a very unfriendly manner, tells me the kitchen is closing and I have to choose right away. Then I left. It might be we eat well, I cannot say...

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I have been here three separate times over a year and they never fail. I went last night and it was packed. Luckily I was able to get a small table top. Again I had the chicken schnitzel which comes with a nice salad and I elected for the fries. The fries are excellent, fresh, hot and they have a good crunch.

1  Thank Craig K
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Very friendly place that has been around for a long time and run by the family legacy. The locals love this place and is how we found it. A lot of warm and cheery folks here. The daughter is very nice and a great hostess.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

The food was fabulous. Onion soup, potato cakes, beef stroganoff, sauerkraut, beer was so good. The only unexpected was that they do not take credit cards so make sure you take enough euro with you.