All reviews shopping mall room was clean walk in shower tryp centro christmas market staff were friendly and helpful great hotel nice breakfast sea life little bit public transport nice stay breakfast buffet quiet hotel business trip free parking arena
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Wow. Worst hotel I ever been in 30 years. The free internet doesn’t work. It is a system to make you pay. Welcome to 1995. Impossible to watch the Olympic because Eurosport’s is not available on the tv. No wash clothe available. Water turn cold if the hotel is busy. Breakfast finish at 10am and the staff starts to tell you to leave at 9:45. But the main issue is that the staff is telling you EXCUSES and absolutely NO SOLUTIONS. The BEST thing about this hotel is LEAVING.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Angelika K, E-Distribution at TRYP Centro Oberhausen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear guest,

too bad, that we could not satisfy you.
As you can read on the other reviews, our guests have had other experiences with our house.
We hope to see you soon again to convince you!

Angelika from TRYP Team

Reviewed 18 February 2018

So I arrived on February 11 after being up 36 hours straight coming from the USA. I had chosen this Hotel because there a view good reviews. So when I got there it was late afternoon, I was just ready to get in the shower, get a bite to eat and get some sleep. I was about to jump in the shower when I discovered that there are no washcloth. I called down to the Receptions and was told, no we don't provide no washcloth, she was rather rude about it too. I ask for more towers because I had to use 2 for washing, and was told you only get 1 small and one bath tower, plus one extra set if needed. The Restaurant was closed, so I had to walk across the street to the Mall and find something to eat. I went and bought some washcloth the next day. But for me, I expect great customer service and that was not rally given.
So be aware when travelling to Europe, the Hotels do not offer Washcloth. Also the room was not really nice.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Angelika K, E-Distribution at TRYP Centro Oberhausen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for your feedback and your stay in our house. Sunday evening is the only time, our restaurant is closed.
We are sorry, that you missed a washcloth.
We hope, to see you again.
Best regards from sunny Oberhausen to you,

your TRYP Team

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a Rod Stewart concert. Check in was quick and efficient, staff really friendly. Our room was clean and had everything we needed, except tea and coffee , not a big issue. The arena is literally across the road, as is the shopping center. Plenty of bars and restaurants alongside the canal behind the shopping center. Easy to get to from the main railway station. All in a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Angelika K, E-Distribution at TRYP Centro Oberhausen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear guest,

it was an amazing concert, right? Thank you very much for your feedback! Nice to read, that you enjoyed your stay!

Angelika
TRYP Team

Reviewed 17 January 2018

It was difficult to communicate with the staff as many of them did not speak English very well. The rooms were inefficiently soundproofed, I could hear the next door rooms alarm for more than 40 min going on every two minutes.

The hotel is nearby to a large shopping mall, there are also several restaurants and attractions in the nearby area. Good hotel for business trips if clients/partners are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Angelika K, other at TRYP Centro Oberhausen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for your friendly feedback, we are glad to read, that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry for trouble with your neighbor room.
We hope to see you soon again,

best regards,

TRYP CentrO Oberhausen

Angelika Kau
E-Distribution

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Very good hotel for some (Christmas)shopping, right across Centro Oberhausen. The room was clean and quiet and the bathroom looked new (with a fine -walk-in- shower). The bed itself was quite okay although one mattress was a bit noisy while rolling over. Breakfast was good with plenty of fresh stuff. It can become a bit (too) crowded during rush-hour (around 09:30, Centro opens at 10:00). The Parking in front of the hotel (€6 p/d) is too small on crowdy days, but you can easily park at Centro (for free, 200m walk from 'P7').

Room Tip: 231 is at the end of the hall. Not a great view, but nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Angelika K, E-Distribution at TRYP Centro Oberhausen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your friendly feedback and to share your experience with other travelers.

Angelika Kau