All reviews soccer stadium signal iduna park free private parking convenient location privilege room main railway station german hotels town centre public transport walking distance exhibition match bvb convention city messe soundproofing
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Returned to this hotel for a 2 night stay while visiting Intermodellbau in the exhibition centre next door. The hotel is on the door step of the exhibition centre and therefore ideal for this, although it is outside of the city centre & main railway station (€20 taxi ride) or underground trip.

I chose this hotel over the other 2 Mercure Hotels in the city due to proximity to the exhibition centre and the fact that it has a small swimming pool. However, on this visit I found that the hotel was not as great as my previous visit, 2 years earlier. The staff were not as friendly and the hotel was showing it's age and in need of a make over. Only 1 of the 2 hotel lifts were working, causing delays which were made worse by house keeping staff also using the lift with their carts! As another review also states, none of the English language TV channels were working.

While I would stay at this hotel again, I think for my visit next year I will be staying at one of the other Mercure hotels in the city.

There is car parking available in the hotel grounds and it is also directly opposite the football stadium.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2018

What's up Dortmund Mercure? Not one English TV channel? Not good!
I likely wouldn't stay here again because of that.
Room great, restaurant great, not so friendly check in. Great location near Westfallenhallen, safe, quiet.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

From the moment we got in everything seemed right. The staff was very helpful and amicable. The rooms were the right Space, then beds very comfy and the pillows even more. The only thing is that the A/C doesn't work very well for my standards but with the window opened it was just good! Breakfast was super good with a variety of cheese, cereal, sausage, eggs, hams, jams, etc...
I will come back next year when we have our next convention!
It's right across the soccer stadium and walking distance to the convention center!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was in Dortmund for a friend's wedding. The couple had booked all of their guests at this hotel. The hotel is beside the Dortmund exhibition halls and the Borussia Dortmund football stadium. It is about 30 minutes away from the center of Dortmund by foot. If you decide to take public transport it will take about 20 minutes door to door, and if you splurge on a cab you'll get there in about 10 minutes.

The rooms are clearly designed for people on business. The room itself is not remarkable. However, I loved the huge work area, in particular, the large desk where I could spread my things. The soundproofing isn't very good since I was there on a weekend and could hear noise from other rooms well into the night. Cleaning could have been more thorough, especially in the bathroom area.

Breakfast was wonderful, with a huge variety of cold and warm food. The food during the wedding reception was also very good.

Service was friendly and you felt that people genuinely enjoyed helping you (not always the case in German hotels).

Try to spend some time in the beautiful gardens outside of the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Jessica D, Manager at Mercure Hotel Dortmund Messe & Kongress, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Talampakan,

We thank you for your stay at our Hotel and your kind Feedback.
We are sorry that the bathroom was not cleaned thouroughly and apologize for any inconviences caused.
Apart from that we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay all in all.

We remain with
best regards

Yours Mercure Dortmund Messe & Kongress

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Stayed at hotel early June 2017 for a convention. Arrived very early (10:00 am) and was lucky to be able to check in right away. The room was perfect for 2 nights, very quiet with view over the rose garden. Could also park in front of the hotel at no cost (I think the gate barrier was defective).
Dinner option was OK. Breakfast less so; very noisy and confusing (Typical convention hotel style.)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Jessica D, Manager at Mercure Hotel Dortmund Messe & Kongress, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your stay at our Mercure Dortmund Messe & Kongress and your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and are looking forward to your next stay.

We remain with best regards
Yours Mercure Dortmund Messe & Kongress