“Nice locals pub . ”

Ranked #477 of 2 713 Restaurants in Cologne
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt-Nord
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We were on our way to the Dom in a round about way when we chanced on this superb pub.
Decked out beautifully for Christmas this pub has great decor and furnishing and staff who make you so welcomed in their pub.
We were here on a freezing cold day and decided to get a schappes in here to warm ourselves up,we got a strong one and a Gilden Kölsch beer,we got a nice table and just chilled out and soaked up the great vibe in this busy and popular pub.
The schnapps was outstandingly good and warmed us up and the beer afterwards superb,the atmosphere was fantastic and drinks first rate .
We moved on after our delicious beers and schnapps and for a first time visit we were very impressed with this pub.
Very easy to locate on Christophstraße and well worth a visit.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

Probably among the best potato pancakes to be found in Cologne. Kolsch beer here served as elsewhere, small glasses keep coming till you say stop. Other dishes better than average.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I've just noticed this establishment listed on TripAdvisor.... Well readers, you may be interested to learn that I know this quintessential Cologne pub well - having lived (from 1999-2006) only metres away in a top floor apartment at Gereonskloster 20.

I had many drinks there with friends and solo. The hosts are a friendly lot and there is always a bite for a hungry mouth. I am getting almost teary writing this little review....

I always drop in for a beer whenever I visit Cologne (last time September 2011). I encourage you to do the same.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stopped here for a beer, but the food looked great so we ate as well! Just a small inn, but home cooked German food - tasty and substantial. There was a good adult crowd and we stayed for a couple of hours

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We visited this pub for a private birthday party and the atmosphere and Jazz band were excellent. The pub is quite an old building with ceiling beams and a very nice outdoor terrace area. It was 38 C which meant we all sat outside. The reason I wanted to write this review is that the food for the party was exceptional. A real nice choice, from smoked salmon & horseradish dip, mozarella & cherry plum tomatos with basil through to delicious German hot food (which I didn't have a lot of as it was too hot). Nice salads etc. So if you are thinking of having a party in this area, I can highly recommend it. We stayed till 2.30 am and weren't the last to leave.
Please note that I did not stay in the normal bar area so I can't comment on this.