“Breakfast is very good”

Price range: US$12 - US$65
Cuisines: Diner, German, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fusing modern architecture, contemporary design and friendly service, konrad Restaurant offers an extensive international menu that includes the Breakfast at Hilton and Friday’s Boston Fish Market selection. Dine à la carte or from the buffet as our chefs preparemouthwatering dishes in the live kitchen area.Every Friday from 6:00 pm until 10:30 pm enjoy fresh seafood, fish specialties and other delicacies including starters and desserts at our Boston Fish Market buffet. Your choice of fish is freshly prepared just for you at the live cooking station.
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Even comparing to other Hilton hotels - you'll notice the variety of food and tastes! I wish we could try steak menu - but it was offered only certain days

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I chose this restaurant as I was staying overnight in the hotel and was too tired to go in the city, obviously an expensive mistake. Entering the restaurant I was told to “take any of the tables on the left”. I was probably expeting too much like being shown to my table by the staff. After having seated myself, I was asked if I had decided on a la carte or buffet. I kindly asked to be shown at least a menu, which the maitre took only two repeats to understand. Again some time after that I had the opportunity to order a drink,good job I wasn’t starving. I decided to go for the buffet, which I learnt later this is the weekly meat grill. The quality of the meat was rather reasonable, but the cooks don’t always have the right technique to grill rear. When ordering at the meat buffet they cook to order and propose as a standard “medium?”. Being a “rear”fan I tried to explain it should be red but warm in the middle. No chance. I had to send three pieces back, completely destroyed, even way beyond “medium?”. Finally I got something that looked decent from cuisson, but sadly cold in the center. I know, I should know better than expecting perfectly cooked meat from a buffet, but than again.....Hilton? When I got the bill however, well that was of a standard where one would indeed expect perfectly good, well prepared food. All in all disappointing. Wines aren’t to make a detour for either, but a least not expensive. Friendly junior staff though.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Ate here on the last night of a 5 day trip in Cologne as we were staying in the hotel and didn’t feel like fighting the Saturday night crowds. Turns out the best food of the trip was right there in the hotel. Not an extensive menu but they had exactly what we were hoping for. I had the Weiner Schnitzel and it was excellent! If your in the area, this is definitely worth the bit of extra cost.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent restaurant with great events such as the the New York Meat Market and the Boston Fish Market ! Very friendly staff, the menu is international with local touches, steak is amazing. Wine collection is very solid, international and local. Breakfast is worth a visit. Atmosphere in restaurant with live cooking station is very cosy.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Terrible service, by myself and totally ignored. Had the lamb, or was it dog food. There are better places around Cologne close by.

Hilton_Cologne, konrad Restaurant Team at Restaurant Konrad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Chris N,

thanks a lot for the feedback given here on Tripadvsior.
We like to apologize, that you did not enjoy your stay with us but hope, that you will give us a second chance so that we can show you that we can do it better.

Thanks a lot and best wishes from Cologne

Your konrad Restaurant Team