“Great location”

Eschenheimer Turm Cafe
Ranked #287 of 2 686 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Reviewed 2 April 2018

After a shopping afternoon the ideal place to stop for a refreshing Hefenweizen with a traditional Frankfurter Wurst.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

In one of the most iconic towers in Frankfurt namely Eschenheimer Turm we decided to visit the cafe bar located within the tower and what a great find.
The tower was built between 1426 and 1428 and has remained practically unchanged since,it has a classy interior with great decor and furnishings and plenty of seating options spread throughout this cafe bar both inside and outside looking out onto the busy and bustling streets around this superb cafe.
We were here on a Friday afternoon and this cafe bar was busy,we decided to sit outside even though it was cold ,a very pleasant member of staff took our order of an apfelwein each and these were served in tip top condition ,we just chilled out and soaked up the great vibe in this busy and popular cafe bar,the apfelwein was super,a tart,sharp taste and very refreshing drink indeed ,we just took in the wonderful cafe bar we were in.
This was certainly the most unique place we drank in and although we only stayed for the one apfelwein each before we moved on we were very impressed with this great cafe bar.
Eschenheimer Turm Cafe is really easy to locate on Eschenheimer Turm.
Monday to Thursday,Midday till 1am.
Friday & Saturday,Midday till 3am.
Sunday,Midday till 1am.
A great cafe bar and one I highly recommend you visit if your in the area.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

During my Frankfurt walking tour, I spied a looming Tower in the downtown core. When I discovered I could dine here, I requested a table to enjoy the ambience. Menus are available in English as well, which I was kindly provided. The choices were quite varied, from sandwiches to pizzas (the latter of which I ordered with a hot lemon drink), but their signature series were hot stone meals, where a choice of meats like steak or fish arrive sizzling on a hot rock slab with nice side. Had I been hungrier, this would definitely have been my choice. However, the flatbread 4 cheese pizza (Flammkuchen) was a nice choice - very large portion too. It was unfortunate that you are unable to access the height of the tower (separate attraction), but the restrooms allow you to have a limited view from a storey above. It was an interesting mini-adventure to climb the spiral staircase to the washroom - it is open to the exterior so in January, it was a cold trip! The service was very friendly and the server spoke English, and I was additionally offered more tourist info when it was clear I was reading brochures. An enjoyable experience!

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Went for a late dinner - outside closed in winter but inside is very cosy - staff friendly and hot stone meals were great. We tried some German beer with the hot stone meats (naturally) which went down a treat. Great for bar food.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Had a great time with friends and got to catch up on old times. The food was an absolutely great company.

Recommendations were the hot stone diahea.