All reviews sex shops main station free apples hotel is located nice hotel dodgy area superior room mini bar kebab steam room breakfast was excellent an upgrade minute walk city break top floor spa area first floor
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Very pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the reception upon arrival. They really took the time to explain us what to see and do in the city, where to eat etc.

Room was nice and had everything we expected, breakfast was excellent, would certainly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
ARCOTEL_Rubin_HH, Manager at ARCOTEL Rubin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear guest,
we sincerely thank you for your great rating and your kind words.
We are absolutely amazed by your words about our reception team and gladly transfer your feedback directly to our reception team. They will be very happy! Thank you very much!
We are also very glad that you liked your room and that you loved our large breakfast buffet.
Thank you for recommending us to other travellers and we sincerely hope to see you soon once again!
Best wishes from sunny Hamburg, the ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg team

Reviewed 19 July 2018

The hotel is clean and the rooms large.

Breakfast was very good. Lots of choices, fresh fruit and clean.

Walking distance to central station made day tripping easy and getting back and forth to the airport easy and cheap.

I would have given this hotel a better rating but a few things kept me from doing so. The staff in the early morning are very friendly and helpful. The two younger women who work the front desk in the afternoon are very short with customers.

The business center is not a business center. I needed to printout a boarding pass and went through two days of nonsense. The printer wasn't working on day one. Was told it was getting fixed. Day two it still wasn't working. Was told by the afternoon staff it charges and the hotel doesn't want to pay, then was told the printer was still broken, and then the final excuse was the hotel could not printout boarding passes because it considered sensitive information. Normally wouldn't be a problem just use the kiosk at the airport, but Austrian Airlines doesn't have kiosk access at Hamburg so had to stand in line at check in to get a boarding pass and no luggage to check.

The area walking back and forth to central is safe but very dirty. The sidewalks were always full of garbage homeless sleeping in the early mornings. Restaurants in the area didn't look too clean either. Not a lot of restaurant choices in the area.

Room Tip: Area is very noisy but when the windows are closed you don't hear a thing.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
we thank you for your detailed feedback.
We are glad to read that you were satisfied with our cleanliness and the size of our rooms.
It is also great to read, that our central location worked out for you. Our house is located in the middle of Hamburg’s city center and therefore, not far away from the main station. Such areas are multicultural like in other major cities, too. We always recommend the U-tram stop "Lohmühlenstraße" which is only a few meters away from the hotel entrance. Moreover, a walk to the Lange Reihe (3 minutes walk from the hotel) or to the Außenalster (5-10 minutes walk) is a fast and beautiful alternative to the Steindamm directly in front of the entrance. At the Lange Reihe you will additionally find plenty of restaurants and bars - or visit our restaurant FACETTE on the first floor - we are always happy to welcome you.
We regret to read that you were facing some issues with our business corner and that some miscommunication arose. We apologize for this inconvenience and of course we are open to print out your boarding pass. Just send us your boarding pass via E-mail and thereby, allow us to print it for you.
Dear guest, although your stay did not meet your full satisfaction, we would be very happy to welcome you again one day to redefine your experience. Best wishes from beautiful Hamburg, the ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg team

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel, lovely rooms, great breakfast and lovely staff. It’s not cheap and I would question the location, the surrounding area is not great and not pleasant to walk back in the evening. Lots of strip clubs and ladies of the night around which is a shame when the hotel is so good once you are inside.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
ARCOTEL_Rubin_HH, Manager at ARCOTEL Rubin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Beverley,
we sincerely thank you for your positive rating and your stay with us! We are absolutely happy that you liked our hotel and that you positively mentioned our rooms and breakfast. Thank you for your compliment about our team, we love to forward this immediately- this is how our team likes to start a Monday!
The area surrounding the hotel is special, we agree, but fortunately there is a metro station just a few metres from the hotel entrance. Starting from there the metro takes you to all the other beautiful places of Hamburg so you do not need to walk along the Steindamm.

We hope to welcome you back one day and send best wishes from Hamburg, the ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg team

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I spent a few days in Hamburg and randomly selected the ARCOTEL Rubin as my "home base" for my touristy visit.

Check in was pleasant and I found the woman who welcomed me courteous and polite and pleasant - really good at what does. This got my visit off to a great start after a long train ride.

The room was okay - nothing to write home about. But I can say that it was clean, I was comfortable and I slept great. It was quiet and had blackout curtains and I slept so good. The amenities included the usuals - cable TV, mini safe, mini bar, well functioning (not loud) air conditioning...a nice size bathroom, small closet, etc. The wi-fi was included in my rate and worked well.

I checked out the rooftop view and the Wellness Center. I didn't use it myself, but it looked very inviting and other guests were taking advantage of it. There is a dry and wet sauna as well as lounge chairs for resting. There is also some random exercise equipment.

The breakfast room on the first floor is where each morning a very hearty and healthy breakfast buffet is served. This is one of the nicest breakfast buffet's that I have encountered at a hotel like this in a long time. There was even a vegan section. There were the usual selections of hot breakfast food - eggs, meats, potatoes, cold meats and cheeses, various fruits, cereals and breads and it was all well presented and served in a courteous and pleasant manner.

The locations is suitcase dragging distance from the Hauptbahnhof (central station). However, you do have to pass by quite a bustling row of produce markets and even past some sex shops along the way. But I did not feel unsafe. To me, it meets the "convenience" criteria in terms of location.

I would totally stay at this property again. I thought the service was top notch, the facilities and room were comfortable and appealing, the breakfast was a winner and the location was just fine.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank dmhinsf

Dear dmhinsf,

thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg! We're thrilled to read that you have had such a memorable stay with us and we are overwhelmed by your kind words! Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this adorable review - we greatly appreciate it! We will forward your compliments to our reception- and breakfast team - they are always striving to give the best service possible and therefore, a positive review like yours will immensely enhance their day and motivation. We are more than glad that you loved our breakfast and even called it a "winner" - this makes us proud. Dear dmhinsf, please come back soon - we cannot wait to welcome you back again! Best wishes from beautiful Hamburg, the ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg team

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights and thought the hotel was very nice. The hotel is clean with marble throughout the lobby. Our room was spacious and clean. We had problems with the temperature of the water in the shower fluctuating from hot to cold, but otherwise, we had no problems. The bar was nice and they had the world cup game on which was convenient, however, the drink prices were a bit steep, while the mixed drinks seemed to lack alcohol. The hotel is about a 2-25 minute walk to centrum and the neighborhood is one of the dirtiest areas we saw in Hamburg.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
ARCOTEL_Rubin_HH, Manager at ARCOTEL Rubin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Michael P.,
we thank you for your positive review and your feedback.
It is great to hear that you have had a comfortable and memorable stay with us! We additionally would like to thank you for your kind words about our interior design, crystal bar and room. We regret to read that you were facing a problem with the shower and would like to apologize for this inconvenience. We will inform our technical department immediately. Dear Michael P., we would love to welcome you back one day and send you best wishes from Hamburg,
the ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg team