All reviews sex shops turkish area central station extra pillows hotel is situated minute walk triple room plenty of hot water hotel bar late at night short stay rooms are modern stag do decent hotel stayed nights city lidl
Reviewed 15 September 2018

We stayed in this hotel for a short week break in Hamburg. It was perfectly adequate for our needs. To be honest, we were a bit reluctant to stay given the terrible reviews we read on Tripadvisor. However, we found our experience to be very pleasant, the staff to be very helpful and the location to be excellent.

The comments made regarding the area are slightly exaggerated. This is an Asian and African area but that does not make it rough or dangerous in any way. Hamburg is a diverse and cosmopolitan city and has such quarters. You should not worry about the area at all. If anything I would say it is very well located with a short S-Bahn ride to the airport and most key attractions. If you do not want to walk through the area from the Central Station at night you can take the U1 from the Hauptbahnhof to Lohmühlenstraße and that will take you practically to the door of the hotel.

The rooms in the hotel do vary. We were initially allocated a room on the front which was quite warm and noisy. We asked at reception if it was possible to change it and they did this without a problem. We then got a much better room which was quieter and cooler. The rooms have a safe which is free to use. We did find the shower curtain to be unhygienic and the hotel should look at installing screens. The beds were also quite hard and my back is still hurting.

We never had the breakfast as we thought it was quite expensive; we went to Lidl and just picked up a Croissant or a Franzbrötchen.

We would definitely recommend the Hamburg Card for tourists wanting to get the most from the city. We saved about 41 euros alone with the discounts from the card.

We would stay in this hotel again without any hesitation. Thank you for a lovely week.

Room Tip: Towards the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Spholsholiday
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

5 minutes ago I would have given a 3 or possibly 4 star review.
You get what you pay for. It’s a budget hotel close to the centre of town. It’s clean beds are comfortable and in contradiction to many reviews we found the room to be adequately sized.
As mentioned often the lack of air conditioning and horrible shower curtain is a downside but as stated you get what you pay for.
Your feelings about the local area will reflect your life experience and sensitivity what I consider colourful, interesting, culturally diverse others see as threatening and unpleasant- try to keep an open and unprejudiced mind.
So why only 2 stars?
Because as we are waiting here to go to the airport I’ve just been told I cannot have a drink because the “ bar doesn’t open until 5”. What?! The bar is adjacent to the reception- the unhelpful male simply cannot be bothered to pour a glass of juice !
So. If you need budget accommodation go ahead - just don’t expect the smallest amount of customer care or consideration

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located close to the city Center. However, the facilities of the hotel apart from the free WiFi were not up to standard. There was no mini-bar in the room while there was no air-condition. Especially during hot days in Hamburg this could be of an issue.

It is not quite suitable for business travellers.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Yes I’m staying on business but feel it appropriate to warn people, number one the location does not feel safe we were approached by drunks and large groups of men whom just hang around the area I’m 6ft+ as is my colleague so I fear how it would feel for females (not intentionally being sexist) the hotel rooms are extremely small, student halls are bigger, the staff have been nothing but rude, there’s no room service or any real amenities, I’m staying in Sept the temp is 14 degrees outside and it’s like a Sauna in this room, they have no available fans and no air conditioning.

I didn’t book this hotel but would recommend no one ever does I will not be returning and I can’t imagine they’ve ever had one person return to this hotel!

I’m wouldn’t even describe myself as a fussy or needy person I just like it when the basics are done right!

Save your time and book somewhere else!! There are plenty of better options!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2018

This hotel is modern and clean. Helpfull staff. Quick in and outcheck. The room was a bit small for three adult. No a/c.There are coffemaker and wineglasses in the room. Some nois from the road at night, and the window had to stay open because it was 30 celcius outside. This hotel is in a very good location, short walking distance to center, and it is many restaurants nearby. The breakfast was chaotic, they should orginize this better so people don’t have to stay in a long que for only taking a slice of bread. There are many breakfast restaurants nearby the Hotel. Parking in the garage, very small entrance to drive in to the garage. I recomend this hotel because of the good location

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family