Reviews (1 379)
1 379 results
All reviews central station diamond member historical hotel lobby bar nice hotel large room lange reihe coffee machine breakfast buffet one night stay reception staff nice bathroom nice bar public transport business trip alster lake curios
7 - 12 of 1 379 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A Very nice hotel next to Railway station. Clean and spacious rooms, very good service. Breakfast is 5 star quality. A super Cocktailbar in lobby. A good night sleep , beds are perfect , not noisy. a Good stay

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Oliver H, Manager at Reichshof Hamburg, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ClassicJPP,

thank you very much for taking the time to give us an evaluation of your stay at Reichshof Hamburg.

I am glad to hear that you hat a good time at our hotel and that we could satisfy you with our modern rooms, our friendly service and the high-quality breakfast. Did you know that with our breakfast we try to reduce unnecessary waste and we support the local production? Thus it is not only tasty, but sustainable!

I hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we had a large room 107 with " amazing views" overlooking a very small dark brick courtyard with close to no day light!!!

The room was nice and a good size , but calls to reception were never answered so we had to go to the reception to ask for more than 1 towel in the room!!!

First time in many years we have been staying in a 4 star hotel without a mini-bar!!!

The hotel is straight across from Hamburg centralstation with all kind of "interesting" people right outside the main door.

Hilton: you normally do far better!!!!

Room Tip: specificly ask for a large room (the small rooms are very small) with a minibar and o.k views
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hcbaunsoe

Dear hcbaunsoe,

thank you for taking the time to give us an evaluation regarding your stay at our Reichshof Hamburg.

I am deeply sorry for the inconveniences you had to face during your stay. First I would like to come back to your criticism regarding the view out of your room. Due to the architecture of the historic building not all rooms have a view to the street. But the rooms to our courtyards offer total quietness, even with windows opened. Nevertheless I would like to apologize for disappointing your expactations.

As many international chains we decided to provide our guest a 24/7 marketplace at the hotel lobby instead of a minibar inside the room to avoid and reduce unnecessary waste.

I am also sorry for the fact you only hat one towel provided in your room and that you did not came through to the front desk. Please be assured that this is definitely not our standard. I forwarded your feedback immediately so we can improve our processes and services.

Again I am really sorry that we could not satisfy you during your stay at our hotel. Nevertheless I hope that you will give us the chance to convince you during your next visit in Hamburg!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is an diamond. Super service during check in, 1a breakfast and nice rooms. A tip is visiting the bar with over 100 gins and special atmosphere. You can order in the front bar sushi for two - you will live it. Prices are average for Hamburg.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Criz H
Oliver H, Manager at Reichshof Hamburg, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Criz H,

thanks for giving us an evaluation regarding our Reichshof Hamburg.

I am happy to see that you had a great stay and that you liked especially our friendly service, our breakfast with handmade products and our modern rooms.

Thank you as well for the recommendation of our bar 1910 with its Golden Twenties atmosphere and the art-déco flair.

I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Second time here. Still really like this hotel.
Breakfast is extensive and very good. Nice bar and lobby hang.
Staff is helpful, if not a little short staffed at the front desk. Had to wait in line quite a few times.
Room is nice and modern.
Only weird thing is you can't get a martini in the bar on Sundays. They don't make an drinks that have to be shaken on Sundays! lol. Only mixed drinks. Weird. That is their rule.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Bostonmusicguy,

thank you very much for your feedback regarding our Reichshof Hamburg.

I am glad to see that you chose our hotel for the second time already and that you were satisfied with our service and the modern rooms as well as our high-quality breakfast and our bar 1910.

Thank you as well for your comment regarding the bar offer on sundays. We will discuss that within the team so the offer may be amended.

I hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

I chose the Reischof Hotel because I was looking for a Hilton and it was one of their closest properties to downtown. The minute I walked in the door, I noticed that the lobby was impressive - it was classic style with the marble floors and split grand stairs. In contrast, the rooms were understatedly modern with fine lines and updated bathrooms.

What I liked: The hotel was maintained quite well - it was immaculate. I didn't see the standard stained carpets or scratched walls. The front desk was responsive, like when I asked for a taxi to pick me up the next day, it actually showed up. Everything worked in the room and the shower had great water pressure. The restaurant was nice with a good breakfast variety. The cocktail bar in the front of the lobby looked really popular too although I didn't stop to have a drink. And of course I appreciated the location. The hotel was right across the street from the train station and a couple subway (U-bahn) stops.

What I didn't like: I was greatly annoyed when I was put in a room right next to a housekeeping closet. There was no way to sleep later than 7am. Additionally, there were rarely more than 2 front desk clerks working at the same time. That made dealing with the front desk quite inefficient: A simple question would take 15 minutes to be answered because the check-in process is so long. Also, the rooms were quite small, almost like closets. If you are claustrophobic, some of those bathrooms might make you panic. And there wasn't an executive lounge, which I rely on for daily fix of water and coffee.

Overall, I found the Reichsof to be a good hotel with a few flaws. I would have expected a bigger room for the rate and the fact that I am Hilton Diamond level. Otherwise it was a fine hotel combining the best aspects of classical and modern decor.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near a housekeeping closet because you will never be able to sleep in.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Oliver H, Manager at Reichshof Hamburg, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear UNH_90,

thank you very much for taking the time to give us an evaluation regarding your stay at our Reichshof Hamburg.

First I am happy that you were satisfied with the appearance of the lobby with its mix of history and modernity and the art-déco elements.

I am also glad that you liked the central location and our high-quality breakfast. Did you know that with our breakfast we try to reduce unnecessary waste and we support the local production? Thus it is not only tasty, but sustainable!

But it seems that we could not satisfy you to 100 % and I am deeply sorry for that. First I would like to apologize for not convincing you with the service at our front desk. It is very important to us to offer our guests a professional, friendly and efficient service. So your feedback is even more important to us and we will work with it to improve our service.

I am also sorry for the inconvenience the size of the room caused you. Due to the fact that our hotel is protected and was build 1910 unfortunately not all of our rooms are the same size or height and have different views. But there is the possibility to book larger rooms with more space. If possible we always try to give an upgrade to Hilton members. But sometimes there is unfortunately no vacancy.

I hope to welcome you back again at our hotel and that you give us the chance to convince you to 100 % the next time.

Kind regards,