“Good food”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: Maximilians is cosiness personified! The restaurant has impressive copper and brass pumps and rustic-style furniture. It specialises in Bavarian cuisine, offering a large selection of good hearty food such as carpaccio dumplings and meat loaf, roast potatoes, fried eggs and Reiberdatschi (potato pancakes) served with apple compote. The waiting staff who are garbed in traditional Bavarian dress are constantly on the go, looking after the clientele of tourists, locals and Bavarian émigrés. This restaurant which is situated on the river Spree celebrates the Oktoberfest in September. The restaurant offers a selection of beer and wine.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

A nice selection of food. Something for everyone. Hearty if you are super hungry lighter if not. I chose a cold dish which was tasty and filling. My other half chose a Alpine burger, very large and tasty served with a big salad and fries. The beer was good as expected.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 462)

66 - 70 of 2 462 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

After a long morning of walking around Berlin, we ended up here. It seems like maybe a little more upscale German restaurant that offers a lot of sausages and pretzels, and of course, beer.

Since I hadn't had any sausages yet, I had to go for the Sausage Parade, which included 3 different types of sausages over sauerkraut and potatoes with a delicious gravy. My wife went after the Berlin favorite: Currywurst Sausage, a sausage covered in ketchup and sprinkled with curry powder. Our daughter got two boiled veal sausages with a pretzel.

It was good, but a little expensive, and very authentic. Our server spoke English and helped us through anything we needed help with.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Looking for a place to eat, we stumbled into Maximilian's and ordered a platter for two hungry men and a Snitchel. The platter included a range of sausages, some knuckle, two large portions of pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy. Finger licking good and plenty of it. I really liked this food and the snitchel was also well praised by its diner.
Washed it down with beer and then was tempted to order some deserts to share.
Our waiter cautioned us that the pancake portion was large and he was right. Four of us shared one portion of pancakes and one strudel.
I could not eat another morsel and found the whole evening really great. Full marks too for our welcome and the service throughout. Thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant will not disappoint. The staff is friendly. The food is delicious. I’ve had food at other restaurants and this one is by far my favorite. Save your money and time trying places that are not good and just come here!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

After a long day walking around the Bebelplatz and the Gendarmermarkt I found this slightly hidden place. Service was quick, efficient and very polite but the best part was FOOD!I ordered a traditional German dish:the Einsbein-pork tender and extremely tasty knuckle..I received a huge plate full of cured, boiled and tender pork meat with peas mash and potatoes on the side. It was really good that I couldn't stop eating. Also had a glass of wine which was good as well. Prices were very good and I would recommend you pay this place a visit.