“Takes a football game to get starter and main course”
Review of Ganymed

Ganymed
Ranked #3 705 of 9 311 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: Vive la France - at the Schiffbauerdamm. Gourmets and fans of the French cuisine are pampered by the Brasserie Ganymed on the highest culinary standards. In former times, Bert Brecht and Helene Weigel stopped here to enjoy the cooking and the authentic Parisian air. The dishes are prepared with fresh, regional products and special French delicacies; the waiters celebrate flambeing, carving and filleting in front of the guests. On hot days and warm summer nights, be sure to secure a place on the Spree Terrace. All dishes are prepared with an extent of care and we can guarantee the vast variety of wines. Well trained waiting staff are always there to help or recommend best food and wine to accomodate your taste pallets. We always try to impress our guests with different menu each day. Our chefs daily create special lunch menu (served 12AM - 4PM) and dinner menu (served 5:30PM - 11PM) in order for our loyal customers and tourists to try something new each day.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was looking forward to a relaxed dinner...it was reeeaaaallllyy relaxed. Waiter ignored me.When approached and asked for table pointed at another one who just passed me.Had to ask if I can sit down.
It took a half time of a football game to get starter and main course came after 70 minutes.
Food itself was ok. House rosée was average.
No apology. Sad as great location...

BerlinerGourmet, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Ganymed, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear markchinvancouver,
thanks for your feedback. Sincerest apologies for any negative experience you may have had. We are working on improving our service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

you need to be able to accept the special humor of the waiter. quality of food is very good. extensive wine list
sitting a bit close by other guests

Hi foodprozessor,
thanks for your positive feedback.
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We sat down at this nice restaurant right next to Spree. My wife looked up on TripAdvisor the previous feedback so we were informed about the possible slow service. This was true in our case as well but since we were prepaired it did not bother us that much. However when we were done eating I asked for the bill, and informed that I want to pay by card. I was hoping that this would be the first place on this trip where I could choose debit instead of credit. Somehow this is really hard in this country and still I wasn’t able to make my choise. I paid the bill and we were about to leave when one waiter (the one who only got our order for drinks, not the food) ran to us and said that tipping was not included in my payment. Excuse me what??? I am more than happy to give tip for good service, but I don’t expect anybody to come and beg for it. If you do not receive a tip you should not come and ask for it. Rather you should think what you could have done better.
Now this tipping issue is the first thing I remember of my visit to your restaurant. I would rather like to tell others about the tasty food you served.

1  Thank HeseR_9

Dear HeseR_9,

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

A small group of friends (6) out for our last supper in Berlin.

Chose this place as we walked along the street. Menu looked fine, and all the tables were full, so we decided to dine.

We did not receive service for 40 mins. I was ready to leave, but others in our group had more patient than I did, so we stayed.

Food was above average. Two and a half hours later, we lost sight of our waiter and he was never seen again. Two people at our table ordered an appetizer and a salad as a meal... the salads never did arrive.

Desert was never offered, as our waiter was never seen again.

The menu was expensive and had the service been as good as the food, there would be no complaints.

Find another restaurant and save yourself the aggravation.

BerlinerGourmet, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Ganymed, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Domenico,
thanks for your feedback. Sincerest apologies for any negative experience you may have had. We are working on improving our service!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We waited for 40 minutes before someone came to take our order, and then they never brought us half of what we ordered. Very expensive, and absolutely not worth it. I would not recommend it.

Dear Raffela M,