Reviews (1 097)
1 097 results
All reviews marriott points beautiful hotel boutique hotel art nouveau toilet paper zoo station favorite hotel rain shower junior suite hotel bar quiet neighborhood public transportation perfect stay short walk zoologischer garten inner courtyard loved this hotel
412 - 417 of 1 097 reviews
Reviewed 19 September 2016

On our first visit to Berlin, my husband and I stayed five nights at this beautiful, chic boutique hotel in a quiet neighborhood that's convenient to public transportation, restaurants and shopping. We weren't initially sure about this Marriott or the neighborhood -- but found it to be an absolutely perfect base to enjoy the city. I agree wholeheartedly with other reviews about the delightful staff -- every single staffperson at the hotel couldn't have been more helpful or friendly -- their genuine caring and enthusiasm really added to our enjoyment of the city, as they provided great neighborhood restaurant recommendations and sightseeing suggestions. We loved this hotel and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a short break. The hotel is beautiful to look at and the rooms are very stylish and modern. A little bit further out from the city centre than I would have liked especially as the underground was out of service one evening and it was roughly around 20 euros for a taxi back which was a little inconvenient and I would perhaps preferred to have been closer in the city.

Having visited Newyork, Paris, Warsaw and Bergen previously this year it's fair to say I've stayed in a fair few hotels (see reviews) and I must say I picked this because it's no1 on tripadvisor.

I was disappointed initially with our room as the bedding was covered in rust stains I complained to reception and this was quickly replaced. However, for a 5 star hotel this really shouldn't be happening. Also our room wasn't cleaned one day. In their defence we did leave late and reception did call but we did explain that we were shortly leaving for the day. However on our return nothing had been changed. Which I must say again for a 5 star hotel is a bit lax I've stayed in hotels where whatever time you've left, the room has been cleaned and the beds turned down.

As we were only there for a brief amount of time we didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel so didn't see it as a massive problem just poor standards. Having spent our time mainly in the centre a closer hotel would be better rather than wasting time travelling if you're only there for a short time. As much as the hotel is nice to look at getting round the sites is better. There are restaurants nearby but these aren't open very late and the area is very quiet.

Unfortunately in the rush from leaving our hotel I had left some items in the wardrobe: a leather jackets and some shoes. We contacted the hotel the next day and were informed they would post these out to us. However my leather jacket was missing and after repeated phone calls to discuss who had access to the room we were told that only the cleaning staff were the ones that had access after our departure. However they have full trust in their staff so therefore it couldn't have been any of them. I was deeply upset and angry at this and from a so called 5 star hotel I find it disgusting. Out of all the hotels I've stayed in I've never had any of my belongings stolen before. I accept that I had left it in the wardrobe accidentally, but these items should not then go 'missing'. The hotel sent out my remaining shoes but with no jacket to which I just don't think is good enough and then to basically state they trust all their staff . Insinuates that we are liars ! Sorry as the paying customer and guest I do not expect it to be implied that I am a liar or that the jacket wasn't there in the first place. Quite frankly it's a damn cheek! Theft in a hotel is a no-no for me and I have contacted autograph and British airways where I regularly book through to highlight these problems and the way the situation has been dealt with . I have asked for the CCTV footage (conveniently they don't have it) and basically the hotel have closed ranks on us over the issue not accepting that this is a problem . If the hotel had accepted what had happened and compensated us for the jacket or even our stay which was frankly sub standard in the first place (dirty duvet and not cleaning ) we would have accepted it . However I've stayed in better hotels and won't be staying or recommending there again.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank worldwideuk
GM_HotelamSteinplatz, General Manager at Hotel am Steinplatz, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay on Trip Advisor.
You can be assured that we took this matter very serious and we have done a full investigation and research.

As we have been in contact already, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Very nice hotel. We were lucky enough to get the VIP treatment and upgraded to a suite. The suite was huge and included a full sauna. The hotel was also very quiet.

Great experience and introduction to Berlin

Reviewed 14 September 2016

What a treat in Berlin! We stayed for 5 days and loved the staff and the hotel. The rooms have recently been renovated and are very comfortable. The staff assisted us daily with underground routes, sites to see and terrific restaurants. (2 blocks to underground and train station.) We looked forward to discussing our days with darling Sarah and amazing Max. They were so good we wanted to bring them home with us! They made our trip extra special! Thank you!!!! Every morning coffee and light snacks were available at the door if you wanted something quick. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: From what we experienced, there isn't a bad room in the hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Dear guest,
thank you for the great feedback.

I am delighted to read that you had a joyful stay at our hotel.
It makes me absolutely proud, that Sarah and Max made your Berlin trip an unforgettable one.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Best regards from Berlin,

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Just amazing. Fantastic service, excellent style, perfect stay. There is no place like it, and for a reasonable price. Close to the Zoo train and S5/S7 line which will take you everywhere you want to go in the city.

The best part is the bar. The space is classic and elegant, and the bartender, Benedict, is one of the best barmen I have ever experienced. Do not stay anywhere else,

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Lee,

this sounds like music to my ears. Thank you for this lovely note about your stay at our Hotel am Steinplatz, Autograph Collection. It is always dear to our hearts to create unexpected delights and a joyful experience.

I will be very happy to share your feedback with my entire team, especially with Benedict. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.