Reviews (5 651)
3 264
1 783
3 264
1 783
All reviewsfish tankhuge aquariummuseum islandheat restauranta business class roomamazing aquariumaquarium viewtv towerroom facingsmall balconybrandenburg gatespree riverhotel lobbyfantastic hotelalexander platzalexanderplatz stationhackescher markt
97 - 102 of 5 651 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The hotel is located close to Museum Island and Alexanderplatz. The tube station is only a five minute walk away so it's in a good location.
We were pleased to get an early check in since we arrived before 3pm. However first impressions were not great due to a bad odour that lingered in the reception area which remained for the four days of our stay. I don't know if this was related to what looked like a leak at the bottom of the aquarium but it put me off spending any time in the bar.
The room was well equipped and the view of the river and cathedral was the best part of our stay. The buffet breakfast selection was good too.
Unfortunately we had a few issues with the service. Firstly the power socket for the coffee machine didn't work so we couldn't turn it on at first. I informed reception but they were only able to send an engineer if we were present in the room at the same time for some reason so we ended up just moving it.
On the second day we arrived back at the room at 15.15 to find it had not been serviced. I called and was told housekeeping would attend to it right away. Someone eventually turned up 40 minutes later. Even more annoyingly I then discovered it was a different person who refreshed the mini bar and the coffee pods so I had to wait another 15 mins for a drink. The day after the room was being cleaned when we arrived back just before 3pm. I have never experienced such late servicing of the room before especially not in a 'luxury' hotel.
For the price we paid for the room I had expected more.

Room Tip: Cathedral views are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
RD_Berlin, Guest Experience Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear plasma7, thank you so much for your review and honest feedback. I regret we were not able to make you a raving fan of our hotel and service and we have discussed your review with us internally to make sure we follow through all your mentioned points and work towards improving our service. We would be delighted to welcome you back again in the future, we can do it better and I would appreciate a chance to prove this to you. Best regards, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Location : this was perfect for us. Next to the river and within good walking distance of the TV tower, Alexanderplatz, Brandenburg Gate, Reichsteig etc but even if you didn't want to walk, the tourist bus stop is right outside so the location was brilliant. In addition, the hotel is surrounded by lots of restaurants, cafes, bakeries and little shops, so again, 10/10 for this.

Reception : check in was quick and efficient. We were given a room on the inside overlooking the fish tank - cool - or so we thought !!! The room itself was fine and ticked all the boxes for us with a couple of exceptions : no socket at the bed for charging iphones etc and a couple of bottles of complimentary water would have been appreciated. However, the real issue was the heat in the room. The first night, we turned it right down to its lowest point but it was stuffy and we found it difficult to sleep. The second night, we decided to open the balcony door to let some air in bearing in mind that we are letting in air that is already inside ! However, we found that this didn't really help and in addition there was quite a lot of noise from the bar which was located directly below our room (we were on the first floor). After the second night, we went to speak to reception in the morning to check and see if the air conditioning was actually working but there was such a large queue of people waiting to pay and check out that we decided to wait and ask on our return from sightseeing. Well, we did this and we were asked (in a rather annoying manner !) why we hadn't said anything earlier as maintenance had gone home for the evening and there was nothing wrong with the air conditioning anyway as it was set at 18 C...................personally I think that is way too hot for sleeping ? Anyway, reception did offer to move us to another room but it would have still been on the inside and we couldn't be bothered packing and moving for what was our last night so we decided to stay put. Therefore be warned, if you like a bit of fresh air in your room, go for a room overlooking the river !!!

Concierge : brilliant. One guy (sorry can't remember his name) in particular booked and recommended various tours and we found them really helpful.

Food : breakfast is priced way too expensive especially given the number of eateries in the vicinity with regards to competition so we didn't partake. However, we arrived back really late one night and having not eaten, did order the pizza and chips - brilliant. Fresh, tasty and excellent value.

Swimming pool : very much on the small size given the potential number of guests that this hotel could accommodate and yet the one morning that I did use it, I had it to myself !

All in all, we did enjoy our stay here and the fish tank actually is really quite cool - the group have a wine tower with an angel at Stansted Airport so Radisson seem to like this kind of thing !!! However, please do something with the air conditioning. Luckily there was no heatwave during out stay in Berlin, in fact quite the opposite, the weather wasn't that great but I can only imagine that this week, when temperatures are hitting the 30 C plus mark that those inside bedrooms with be awful for a comfortable night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear lochwoodfarm, thank you so much for your detailed report on your stay with us and Berlin. We are delighted you took the time to share your feedback with us and the travelling world and I am sure your review will assist future guests when thinking of travelling to Berlin and planning their hotel stay. The aircondition will only make it around 10 degrees cooler than it is outside, Germany even has a law suggesting this for health and environmental reasons. I am sorry it was not cold enough for your liking, I absolutely understand this, especially for sleeping. I can however see that you still had a good time staying and am happy to read your many kind words full of praise that we have of course shared with all teams. We hope to welcome you back again in the future. Best regards, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Very central location. Great view from room. Functional quiet rooms. Everything very clean. Friendly staff everywhere. The quality of the breakfast could be improved a bit though: orange juice quality is just not good for example. cereals as well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you very much cosmopolitoswiss for your review and feedback. We have taken your more critical points to heart and are looking into possibilities. As an alternative to the juice we also offer fresh oranges that every guest can squeeze themselves which is the freshest and best quality you can get and also fun to make. We hope you will be our guest again in the future. Best regards, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This hotel is in a good location in the centre but it did not feel luxurious or like a real 5 star hotel compared to the other hotel I stayed in Berlin which was the Waldorf Astoria Berlin. I would rate this hotel as a 4 star hotel. The breakfast selection was not of great quality. Rooms are small and do not feel luxurious. I felt more of a budge vibe while staying here. The one thing that was very nice was the view out of the room at the fish tank, this was very unique and nice to look at.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your personal and honest feedback nicolas_chew! I am so sorry we did not meet your taste and expectations. We would be delighted to be your choice of hotel again in the future whenever you are back in town. Best wishes until then, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2018

In such a competitive sector, a large majority of hotels offer similar products therefore it is often the 'small details' that can make the difference. We didn't receive adequate room service for 2 out of 3 days....coffee cups not replaced, beds not made....hugely disappointing. The room was 'tired' and the wash basin had several large cracks and needed replacing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review and for bringing your dissatisfaction to our attention HardyMarsh55. We are in the planning process for a possible renovation and are doing our best to keep the rooms to a good standard until then, however some show some wear and tear in the meantime and I apologise for that. The thing we can influence however is Service and I am very sorry that we failed you in this regard. We can certainly do this better and I would really appreciate the opportunity to prove this to you in the future. Best regards, Stefanie, Guest Experience Manager