Reviews (2 817)
1 128
1 229
1 128
1 229
All reviews kosher breakfast executive room kadewe department store shopping street around the corner excellent hotel mini bar business trip location is great zoo station business hotel hotel restaurant christmas market comfortable hotel per day few minutes walk public transportation
46 - 51 of 2 817 reviews
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights earlier this week. The room was very good, breakfast was excellent and the reception staff were very helpful. Very close to the zoo and Kurfürstendamm. We didn’t even get chance to use the gym and swimming pool, but all in all this is a hotel I would definitely recommend

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I was back to this hotel after 2 years. I now can compare it to the Pullman which is a block away. Both target business travelers.
The rooms were as I remember from the last visit: I stayed in a deluxe room: the carpet and the wall paint started to show some signs of aging. Yet the room was well maintained, clean, and the bathroom was spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was a big surprise: the dining room was renovated and expanded. Breakfast was rich and delicious.
Internet in the rooms was also upgraded: it is now fast and broadband, open to all guests.
On my day off, I had a spa treatment at Nuad Massage, which was relaxing and energizing - highly recommended.
If I compare the Crowne Plaza to the Pullman (by Accor,- I also reviewed) which is a block away, I would say both are equivalent. The rooms at the Pullman are a little more updated. Breakfast is equivalent. For travelers who "hit the gym" during their stay, the pool at The Pullman is much bigger and the gym is more equipped.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Check in was a breeze and the staff was great. If you are an IHG member you can get a discount in the restaurant and bar. If you aren’t you can join on checkin!

Rooms are small, normal for Europe. Well appointed with all amenities. My room was very clean and quiet. Bed was nice and firm and you can request specific pillow types if you don’t like the stands ones.

Got room service once, came quick and was tasty and fresh. Gym is small but functional. The bar is also small but very intimate and nice, great bartenders. The location was great. Close to shopping and restaurants, and close to many attractions. Including the zoo. We walked or ubered everywhere.

Overall very happy, good hotel for business or leisure travel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

A colleague and I booked a suite plus additional room giving two bedrooms and a central living room in all for a week to attend meetings and conduct some small morning meetings in the suite set up with table. We are seasoned business travellers.
On arrival after 34 hrs travel we checked in and were provided key cards none of which worked so we had to go back and get replacements.
The breakfasts were excellent as was the service. On a par with any of the best hotels.
The housekeeping was disappointing. The central living room was not cleaned once during our stay and we were left to wash glasses etc for the next day’s meetings - yes we did leave notes etc.
The day before leaving we requested organised transfer to the airport and were told to come back tomorrow. Thought this was odd so went down early at breakfast and again requested airport transfer to be told we should have done it yesterday and a cost penalty applied. According to the reception we didn’t explain our needs clearly enough to the trainee at reception so it was our problem not theirs. Finally managed to get a car booked however it never arrived in the afternoon as booked. On going back to reception to ask them to follow up urgently a call to the car company by reception elicited much amusement (in a foreign language) but no car or reason given - just giggles.
We found a taxi and finally got to the airport late with issues of booking in, luggage for transit to Australian connections running short of time etc. Surprisingly we did not see the funny side of this and therefore I am posting my first non-recommendation for a hotel. This is not normally the type of response I post.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Hello Norine7070,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part your visit to Berlin. We are grateful that you've chosen the Crowne Plaza to host you.

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your experience turn as positive as possible. Though it made me smile that you loved the breakfast complemented with our great service, I'm sorry that you found this trip not among your bests. I read about the problems you had with the key cards, the living room being missed during the daily service cleaning, and getting the shuttle service arranged. As seasoned business travelers, I understand where you're coming from, Norine7070. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as perfectly as planned.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. Say hello to your 3 boys for me.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Had a great experience here last weekend. From the moment we checked in early to the assistance from the front desk when I left my phone in a Taxi, the service was top notch. Rooms were great and had a nice big walking shower. Would defo recommend and will return when back in Berlin.

Date of stay: September 2018