Reviews (2 542)
2 542 results
1 211
1 211
All reviews premium room tryp hotel free wifi u bahn station the natural history museum modern hotel city break per day coffee machine minute walk two singles pushed together good size family room great shower metro stop walk in shower mini bar
35 - 40 of 2 542 reviews
Reviewed 18 June 2018

For a four star hotel, this hotel doesn't provide any amenities that we would expect -- no proper toiletries, no coffee/tea in the room, no complimentary water bottles, very slow speed internet service, and seriously terrible attitude of the reception desk employees. They pretend to be too busy to respond to queries. I would avoid this hotel, and it provides no value for money whatsoever.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Kutlay Y, Manager at Hotel Berlin Mitte managed by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear phaniadidam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us your feedback on TripAdvisor. The honest opinion of our guests is always very welcome to us, as it means big support in order to optimize our daily performance.

I honestly apologize to you for the unlucky experience with our hotel! Please let me assure you that your described service attitude really doesn´t reflect our usual warm and professional service.

However we take your feedback very serious and therefore I shared it already with the entire Team. I truly hope you accept my sincere excuse and that you will give us another chance to convince you about our actual standard during your next travel to Berlin!

Wishing you all the best in the meantime I remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I was in Berlin for 5 days for scientific conference (at another hotel). This hotel was a 2 min walk away from the U-bahn station which meant travelling into and out of central Berlin was easy. Also there are restaurants and supermarkets within 5 minutes.

I chose this hotel as it was priced relatively cheaply however my room seemed to be the best out of everyone In my lab (some of them payed twice as much). I had a superior room which was clean and spacious and I was happy to shve a fridge (none of my lab mates hat one). The shower was enormous too!

I used the gym a number of times and despite it being small it was everything I needed. The staff were happy to turn the sauna on for me each time too...

I spent some time at the hotel bar and the staff were great; they were fast, friendly and spoke impeccable English (saved me embarrassing myself with my poor German). The one time I ordered, there was nobody else eating however the food was amazing (akin to high quality restaurants I’ve visited in Manchester). I ordered the entrecôte steak with herb butter.

I plan to return to Berlin with my partner and will not hesitate to book this hotel. The city itself was great and would be good for couples. This is my first review as I’ve never felt compelled to write a review before howeve this hotel has changed that.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dannyrichardson9

Dear dannyrichardson9,

Thank YOU! I was delighted to read your fantastic comments and I sincerely thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The most I appreciate your kind words about the team and I am more than happy that they made your trip a truly memorable one. It is always a great motivation for the entire team to learn that our guest felt comfortable and therefore, please rest assured that I will pass your comments to the entire Team, as I know they will be very grateful.

We all here simply can´t wait to be your host again hopefully very soon! It would be my pleasure to make sure a warm welcome back and again a perfect stay straight from the beginning. Therefore please feel free to contact me via kutlay.yergoek@melia.com prior to your next arrival!

Looking forward to your email and wishing you all the best in the meantime I remain with kindest regards from Berlin,

Reviewed 12 June 2018

The location of the Hotel Berlin Mitte is excellent. Chaussestrasse is the extension of Friedrichstrasse going to the North. In a walking distance you may find a variety of Cafe's, Bakeries and Super Markets. The room was nice, comfortable and clean. The beds offered a pleasant sleep. Spacious and very decent WC. Gentle and professional stuff. I reported an issue I had and this was fixed quickly.
Our understanding is that the Berlin Mitte by Melia it was a very good choise.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Kutlay Y, Manager at Hotel Berlin Mitte managed by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

And this is a "very good" review for us. Thank you very much for your positive rating and feedback for us on TripAdvisor ILIAS M.

It is a great compliment for the entire team to know that you had an enjoyable stay and that our services as well as our ideal location met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you as our guest again very soon and wish you all the best in the meantime!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

It was pretty average. We thought there would be a coffee machine and amenities to make coffee/tea, so we were about disappointed about that. The bed was confortable and the staff was friendly.
The small mirror was broken, so when I moved it, almost fell apart. Also dirty in the other side. The shower head was a bit gross.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear M1R14M,

Thank you very much for taking your time to rate your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the friendliness of our staff and our comfortable beds.

Your feedback regarding our housekeeping services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services. Please rest assured that I have already addressed these points with our housekeeping team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Berlin soon! In the meantime I wish you all the best and remain with best regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Booked a trip to Berlin and decided to stay at this hotel for their reasonable prices and it’s location. The hotel is in a perfect area surrounded by some cute cafes (19grams, district coffee) and there are some cool photo booths around to if you look for them! It’s close to the Berlin Wall memorial and the natural history museum. The rooms are nice and minimal, the beds are comfy, the staff were really friendly and even though we didn’t use it the minibar was pretty reasonably priced - the bar at the hotel do some amazing cocktails and the barman is so lovely! Only small negative we thought checkout was noon and we had the cleaner ask us if we could checkout at 10am

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sadie-Rae
Kutlay Y, Manager at Hotel Berlin Mitte managed by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Sadie-Rae,

WOW, what a great feedback and recommendation for us. Thank you so very much. :-)

It was our sincere pleasure to be your host and to contribute to a memorable stay in Berlin. Surely looking forward to be your host on your next travel to thrilling Berlin I remain with warm greetings and best wishes,