“Cool place with outside area to the water”
Review of Katerschmaus

Katerschmaus
Ranked #2 373 of 9 537 Restaurants in Berlin
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were a big group of ~40 people but service and quality of food was really good. Some interesting smells and sights from surrounding areas, but really good atmosphere. We were asked to lower our volume after 10pm as apparently neighbors easily complain to authorities, but that was only fair. We staid long and were still well looked after. Great night out.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

A friend and I arrived just after they opened and wanted to grab a drink. The hostess told us we could sit at the bar, so we did. After being given cocktail menus, we ordered two different drinks. After waiting for 10 minutes later, the bartender made them. My friend and I ordered different drinks. However, not only did the bartender serve us the same drink, it was different than the one either of us had ordered. He later explained that he “didn’t want to spend the time making our drinks” so he just made us another one. This is absolutely ridiculous. Never in my life have I ever been to a bar where the bartender took my order, and then without telling me, gave me something else just because they didn’t feel like making it. After we voiced discontent he came up and said he would discount our tab, but we still paid money to drink cocktails we didn’t choose.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Great setting - fabulous view of the river and really nice design. so far so good.
The waiter told us to relax, enjoy and take our time with the menus - Life was about doing what you wanted ....
Perhaps the staff took the same approach to cooking and serving, and spent time doing something else... updating FB, doing pushups, called their mothers or whatever.
We waited about an hour for our food, and that is simply too long a wait!!!

The food was interesting and mostly very good - the trio of lamb was delicious, the chicken tasty and the popcorn worked. But stay away from the ravioli with watercress, unless you´re a watercress aficionado. The watercress overpowered the cheese and everything else, and had a sharp edge that wasn't very pleasant. We noticed some other people getting it, and not eating it all, trying to get friends to eat it, with little success.

Experiments are okay and each to his own taste - but the long wait is not OK.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We came upon this really cool restaurant by chance as we were visiting the East Berlin Gallery.It's location on the river Spree on a beautiful sunny day is enticing but the menu was very much to our liking - think about light flavoursome ingredients married together well.The location is truly spectacular and the vibe is chilled out but we found the service to be really good.We shared 3 starters and 1 main course and a bottle of wine which our lovely waitress recommended all delicious will be back.So so good and so reasonably priced which is in keeping with the ethos of the area.,Wunderbar.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Well, I believe there're plenty of reviews of this kind already:

- Food is very tasty (but also to be expected by this price tag)
- Waiters are friendly but seem overwhelmed
- Waiting times are ENORMOUS, mother earth's evolution seems to be faster than this, had to wait over 1 hour for the last dish

Still:
- outstanding location
- decoration is fun
- duck's lever was really nicely done (it's a hard number to do)

So I would give the guys another chance, but would check the very latest reviews before doing so :)