Reviews (2 395)
1 025
1 029
1 025
1 029
All reviews church bells tram stop great hotel minutes walk from alexanderplatz free wifi deluxe room mini fridge prenzlauer berg public transport around the corner comfortable hotel city break stayed here for nights breakfast was excellent nice bar hotel bar tv tower
538 - 543 of 2 395 reviews
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Located in the Mitte section of Berlin, I had a very comfortable stay at the property. Vedas were comfy although the room while not terrible was on the small side. It ranks between 3 and 4 stars. Service was good and the staff was attentive. Now if they could learn to make a good Hamburger, they'd be on to something.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Daniela D, General Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Mark A,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your thoughts are very helpful so that we can improve our service in the future. I have forwarded your comments regarding the "Hamburger" to the responsible head of department. Good to hear, that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad to welcome you again to the Leonardo Royal Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz and to convince you of our ever improving commitment to excellent service.

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

I went there from Sunday until Thursday with my girlfriend. The crew is very kind and the room is Clean and beauty. For me the mattress was a bit uncomfortable but the location is excellent.
U need to take the buss for travel but all the station are close.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 780nadavb,
Thank your very much for taking the time to evaluate our hotel and your positive comments. Your feedback is very helpful so that we can improve our service in the future. Please be informed that we are changing the mattresses in Mai 2016. With great pleasure we would like to welcome you again as a guest at the Leonardo Royal Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We booked this hotel for a 4 day break and the hotel is excellent value, with excellent transport links around the City.
The M4 line stops 90 mtrs away from the hotel. And buy your tickets from the concierge. We didn't the first day and bought the wrong ticket (60 euro fines each but completely our fault!)
The rooms are big, modern and well equipped with free safe, toiletries, coffee and fridge for use.
The staff are all really polite and helpful especially in the bar area. Well worth the price and centrally located!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear goodera,
Thank you very much for visiting and providing us with your impressions of the Leonardo Royal Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz. Guest comments are extremely useful for improving our performance. We do our best to accommodate our guests and make sure they will experience a memorable and comfortable stay. We are really glad to know that you enjoyed the central location, the comfortable room and the polite and helpful hotel team. With great pleasure we would like to welcome you again as a guest in Berlin and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

My wife and I found this hotel after searching for a city break. I'm so glad we did.

Whilst you may be initially concerned on your arrival (a slightly bland road) the hotel is a delight. Staff were friendly and polite (like the typical Englishman my German is- at best- appalling).

We booked at upgrade room which put us on the fifth floor. The room was modern and tidy and had been cared for well.

Whilst a personal preference I found the mattress not to my tastes. Like many European countries it's two large, single mattresses adjoining. Huge bed though. I did ask for extra pillows mind.

The shower and toilet are almost a walk in (though naturally some privacy). Bear in mind if you need a pre during the night and you need to put the light on, it is likely to disturb your partner. They perhaps could also consider long towels and a slightly high pressured shower but this are minor quibbles.

We found the air conditioning a little ineffective. You can of course open the window but bear in mind the church bells from 8am. We were looking in to the atrium so didn't hear any traffic.

The food is excellent. A good choice at breakfast. The restaurant is closed on Sunday evening but you can order the usual fare at the bar. We had the taster menu on the Saturday night which was outstanding.

My wife used the gym which was quiet. She did note one of the three running machines was broken and another didn't have a safety clip (the bit you attach) but again a minor issue.

The building has a very austere exterior but inside is lovely. I recommend taking in some of the pictures on the walls. Some very artistic black and white shots.

For access to the city it's painless. Turn right out of the entrance and take the M4 in to Alexandraplatz. Fast and effective. We picked up the City Passses which are good for getting around. Germany is very trusting on the assumption you've bought the right tickets as there are almost no ticket checks. Do NOT think that you can avoid paying though.

So all in all a lovely few days, complimented by a most wonderful stay at the Leonardo. I hope to return to the city again and this will undoubtedly be my first choice in stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew S

Dear Matthew S,
let me start by thanking your for your great feedback regarding your stay at the Leonardo Royal Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that we use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I have forwarded your comments to the hotel team. With great pleasure we would like to welcome you again as a guest in Berlin and to convince you of our commitment to provide you with our top-notch service.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I've stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during my vacation in Berlin in March.
The hotel is excellent, very clean, very welcoming, service is excellent.
Located in a safe area and right next to the Tram.
Transportation is excellent for everywhere in Berlin, Tram and Buses connect you anywhere in Berlin.
Alexander Platz is just two stops using the M4 Tram, Bus #200 and #100 which travel almost all over Berlin are just around the corner.
A small supermarket is located around the corner, long story short very convenient to move around in Berlin from the hotel location.
Nicolas helped a lot with choosing restaurants for dinner other than his excellent service his recommendation was excellent.

Pros: Service, Location, Cleaning, Excellent rooms, Free Wifi with good reception.

Cons: The bed wasn't the best I ever used but it's OK, Almost no English TV-Channels.

Long story short: book without hesitating.

Room tip: Rooms heading to the back yard & the church will be quieter, I prefer that than being on the main road.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roei O

Dear Roei O,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Leonardo Royal Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz. Your comments regarding the TV channels and the beds have been discussed with the responsible head of departments. Our mattresses will be changed by end of May 2016. We hope you will give us another chance to show our commitment to excellent service and improved comfort during your next stay in Berlin. Kind regards, Daniela Degenhart