“Excellent, informative, and engaging”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Berlin
Ranked #1 of 667 Nightlife in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We spent our afternoon with George on the free Berlin tour. He was so knowledgeable and passionate about the city. This was our first introduction to Sandeman's and we are sold on their tours.
I would highly recommend you take the free tour on your first day in town so that you can plan your remaining days around those points of interest that you want to learn even more about.

Write a ReviewReviews (23 803)
All reviews
"brandenburg gate"
in 530 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 255 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 175 reviews
"german history"
in 289 reviews

574 - 578 of 23 813 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I did the tour with Lizzy the half German half American short girl. I didn't like it too much. She is helpful and nice but she talks too much and I felt that we wasted a lot of time on nothing.

2  Thank Sanaa29
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Chris the tour guide was very interesting and engaging. Although not a local (Canadian) I would highly recommend his as the tour guide as he was a better tour guide than some of the locals. I was quite pleased that I also had Chris for the Sachsenhausens tour due to his way of running the tour.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Mixed on this. I've done a million free walking tours (different companies). Guide was Lizzie who was very friendly,funny, passionate, and knowledgeable.

Reason for this being 3 stars and not hire is due to a few things-
-The tour is short in nature. There did not need to be a 20 minute break IMO for people to get drinks, wurst, or go to the bathroom
-We did not see some things on the website that I wanted to see such as Bebelplatz, TV Tower, Book burning memorial, and Humboldt University

The main reasons why I like doing the free tours is that it's a great way to get in a lot of the sites that you don't necessarily need a lot of time at, learn about things you didn't know beforehand, and get a good lay of the land. I'm going to go back and try to get in the 4 things we didn't see on another trip.

1  Thank Glenda V
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic tour led by Lucy Gardener, a very enthusiastic and informative guide who knows everything there is to know about Berlin and answered all of our questions effortlessly!!

Very very pleased with the quality of the tour and the amount of information given, with lots of interesting facts that answered the questions we’d been asking ourselves throughout our stay in Berlin.

We were met at 10am at our hostel and led to the meeting point where we met the rest of our tour. The tour itself lasted until 1:45pm with a 20 minute break.

YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO DO THIS TOUR!!!

AND ITS FREE!!!