“Racially Abusive Place”

Ranked #3 347 of 9 534 Restaurants in Berlin
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Went there on our last day in Berlin.Wanted to finish a great holiday on high note.Found this restaurant on our way to the hotel.It’s an Italian Restaurant run by Asians.We (Family of five (kids under 7 yrs old) were seated quickly and ordered our food.After 20 minutes, the food was served and when we were about to start eating, I noticed that we haven’t been served bread and olives which was served on other tables as soon as the diners took their seats.Asked the lady in charge politely why you didn’t serve it on our table,a gentle man (addressed himself as the manager which wasn’t true) came in the middle and started making racial comments. He said if you want I can give you now .I told him it’s not about bread ,it’s about why you didn’t serve that to us in the first place.Without even considering that we have small kids around the table ,he raised his voice and said that we are in Germany, not in any Asian countries to ask questions like that.Interesting fact is that his skin color and mine were the same.Our kids got frightened by his actions and another server interfered with an apology.Even then no manager showed up and we didn’t want to sit there .Left the restaurant after paying the full bill.I know this review will make no difference to them. Its NOT FOR FAMILY WITH SMALL KIDS or FOR ASIANS.

2  Thank Lekshmi J

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We went to Verona Italian resturant on our first night in Berlin. It was close to our hotel. My husband had a burger, my grandson had a pizza and I chose the vegetarian Quesadilla. The quesadilla claimed to have mixed vegetables in it. When it arrived it contained spinach, onions and cheese. The spinach was not mentioned on the menu. If it was, I wouldn't have ordered it. The presentation left a lot to be desired. It didn't look very appetizing. The flavour was horrible. It tasted as though it had been cooked in the same pan as a piece of fish! We wouldn't recommend Verona resturant.

1  Thank FreddieMercury1
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Not a very special restaurant! Service was not the best! Wine was served almost warm!! Food was ok, but not a great experience!

1  Thank AlfanoGuieTa
Reviewed 2 June 2018

This restaurant is in a lovely setting next to the river and looks pretty with all the outside lights etc..
But the service is slow and functional, to the point I was ready to leave...however when the food did arrive it was better than I expected, I had a chicken and Gorgonzola pasta and it was delicious.
Then they also offered us a free coffee or ice cream which my son took advantage of...so on the whole I would recommend but you may have to wait!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here at opening time for a drink and a sweet treat. Ordered the brownie which was beautifully presented and tasted spot on with the bonus swirl of vanilla cream and cream. Nice location and reasonably priced.