Lowest prices for your stay
US$103
PricelineUS$103
eDreamsUS$103
Reviews (1 024)
1 024 results
All reviews the river central location city altstadt europe fortress
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 024 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2020

The hotel was nice enough, but the slopped cellings made the room feel cramped. But everything else was as you would expect from a Mercure.
The location right on the river is great, with so much to do within walking distance.
The hotel was pretty quiet as well given it is right on a main road.

I felt breakfast was expensive, but the selection was pretty good.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank dave05182
Reviewed 23 February 2020

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 7 January 2020

The standard double room is not the usual size one would expect and associate with the Mercure brand. There is hardly space to walk, and the intended layout of the room means the only place for luggage is right in the walkway to the room and toilet doors.

At checkout, I tried to give this same feedback to the staff who asked me about the stay. Her response to my feedback is there are bigger rooms I can book. I think this misses the point - a standard double room needs to be adequate for 2 people to live in. And my experience at another Mercure hotel (in Munich on this same trip) validates my view point - I also booked a standard double room, yet it was far more spacious (at least 30-40% more space). Price wise, the Munich Mercure asked for a premium of just €2 per night over Wurzburg when (1) it had a much more central location than the one in Wurzburg, and (2) breakfast was included in Munich but excluded at Wurzburg.

International travelers like me rely on the branding as a proxy for comfort and quality, especially during our first visit to a given city. So I hope Accor/Mercure will maintain the excellent standards that have come to be associated with the Mercure brand across all your Mercure branded establishments.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank TravellingMeows
Reviewed 4 January 2020

I've stayed in many Mercures all over Europe - this was, hands down, the worst.

In fact, Mercure should be embarrassed to have their name on the place.

The location is on the wrong side of the river and it is nowhere near the fortress. That said, it really is not to far to the Altstadt.

The room was awful. I know European small, and ours was even smaller! There was barely enough room to open our 2 carry-on size bags. Any larger would have to have been opened on the bed. And the bathroom was even smaller. How about a toilet so close to the wall and radiator that I had to sit sideways?

Also, housekeeping simply skipped our room one day. We came back to a dank smelling room (of course the wet towels never dried on the floor) so I had to toss them into the hallway (very narrow) and go down to the desk for more.

After a bit of attitude (as if it was my fault that housekeeping skipped our room) from the desk clerk I got 2 fresh bath towels.

Overall it was very disappointing for a Mercure.

2  Thank fcfrag
Reviewed 28 December 2019

We stayed in room 314 which was a nice room with a great view of the Main River. Somewhat of a funky hotel but good location with a safe in the room but NO REFRIGERATOR. Robes and slippers provided, little headroom due to roofline, nice toiletries, big desk, lots of power outlets, good breakfast.

2  Thank MauiMaluhia