Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$117
Expedia.comUS$117
CheapTicketsUS$117
TripadvisorUS$117
ZenHotels.com
getaroom.comUS$139
Reviews (1 011)
1 011 results
All reviews the river central location city altstadt europe fortress
Selected filters
16 - 21 of 1 011 reviews
Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

Good location for Wurzberg Alstadt- close but quiet. We walked to the hotel from the train station. A bit far but flat and easy. It is across the street from the river and within 10 minutes walk to the bridge to the old town. You can walk on the riverfront sidewalk too. We walked from the hotel up to the Castle as well. It was a little warm for us and we could never get the AC to impact the room temperature. Opening the window helped and there wasn't much street noise. The room size was ok with end tables and lights on both sides of the bed, a closet with hanging area, shelves and a safe. The bathroom had plenty of shampoo and body wash, good water pressure. There was a kettle with tea, coffee crystal packets, sugar and little milk pods. We did not have breakfast there. Overall, very nice.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2019

A good midrange hotel just outside the Old Town. Easy to reach by car. Nice and clean. A very good offer for breakfast. Disadvantage that the bar was temporarily closed.. Serviceminded and very nice staff.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2019

we stayed here from October 19 to October 21... ( 2 nights ).. the location of the Hotel is super, just about a 10 minute walk to the Alte Mainbruecke, the neighborhood is safe. The Hotel offers underground parking as well as around the Hotel...there is a charge for this service.
We had a smooth, professional check-in, we were assigned room 215, the room is kind of small ( compared with the Mercure in Freiburg ) , I do not like the purple color decor the management has selected, why not plain earth colors for the room. No Bellman is available to assist with Luggage, but the female receptionist offered to assist us, very nice, but I would not punish the young lady with this task.
The Hallways ( color ) equally have an ugly presentation. Everything looks like " gay Paris "
Also I noted, that an empty beer bottle stood in front of the entrance door for 2 days waiting to be picked up, it shows right there the Management is on another page.

back to the room... room 215 is functional but very small, I do not know how these folks got their franchise when I compare the room to what we had in Freiburg...
There is little closet space, free wi-fi, an in-room safe,a Queen Bed, with clean bed linen, a good mattress we slept well here, a clean room, there is good lighting available in this room, an easy chair is available, the view is over to Marienberg Fortress, the Maid Service was good, , there is a small desk, a flat TV screen by Phillips.
The Bath-Room, if there are two people in there at the same time you have to really struggle to move around in this space. It is perfect for one person, there is a small bathtub which has a shower, the sink was clean, so were the bath towels and W/c... there is a magnifying mirror, Kleenex, Hairdryer, plenty of hot Water, but on the morning of 10/ 21 while in the shower there was no hot water, awful we had to wash ourselves with a washcloth.... even while we were on Safari in Africa, we had HOT WATER at our TENT. I complaint as I paid my bill and I received for this inconvenience " Free Parking "... a very nice gesture, thank you...

The Breakfast which is served downstairs on the Lobby floor is outstanding, no doubt about, the selection of food items available is superb. There is absolutely no problem here. You love the choices available.

As you can see, I call the shots as I see them, being fair pointing out the good and bad. Now check out my pictures... would I stay here again, I certainly would, but be aware of the negative points as well. Visiting Wuerzburg was fabulous, don't miss it.

Room tip: room 215 is OK but small keep that in mind.....
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2018

We had 2 weeks travelling through Austria/Germany and to be honest this was the last hotel on our trip and one we hadn't booked until a couple of nights before but ended up being the best one we stayed in.

Great location only 6 minutes walk to the old bridge into town.

Nice room and very friendly staff who made check-in and check-out a delight! Parking was onsite and a reasonable cost.

On costs though I felt their breakfast price of 17 euros per person was too much but as it was such a lovely location we walked to lovely breakfast cafes and ate alot cheaper.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janeb11
Reviewed 24 November 2018

Stayed with my daughter in a twin-bedded room. Asked for a quiet room and it was (view onto the back yard). Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location within an easy walk of the city centre and a short taxi ride (or walk) from the main railway station. Appreciated free coffee machine when the bar was closed on Sunday.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com