“Nice food in cosy surroundings”

Woaze Gasthof Weizenbrauerei
Ranked #18 of 115 Restaurants in Fussen
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We went one night for dinner and were positively surprised about the food and the service. My boyfriend had gullasch soup which was homemade and very tasty. I had some grilled turkey with mushrooms and potato noodles. It was very delicious and a big portion considering the low prices for the food. Definitely a visit worth in the cosy city Füssen.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Typical Bavaria restaurant. Good central location in Füssen. The staff was polite, the food very good: the grilled assorted sausages were very tasty and German roast beef with gnocchis, very good. The quantity was huge.

The price was reasonable. The atmosphere at the inside room was pleasant and the small summer terrasse, very addequate for a beer as well.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We first found this place a couple of years ago on our first visit to Fussen, and liked it enough that we returned! The food is traditional Bavarian which means large helpings with a strong pork bias! We have enjoyed every meal we've had here. It is comfortable, the staff are welcoming and the service is good. It can get busy, but even then, there is no feeling of pressure from the staff to hurry you in order to accommodate others.

There are long tables, so you may find yourself sharing with others, but this is not unusual in Bavaria in my experience, and interacting with your neighbours can be very enjoyable!

We fully intend to return on our next visit to Fussen.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Staff was great and very attentive. The food was good, but not great as it was a bit greasy. Large portions, even by German standards, the schnitzel was a bit tough, but the potatoes were nice. I'm glad I had a nice beer with the meal to make it all worthwhile. I always enjoy Bavarian cuisine or I may have rated this a bit lower.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This was our first German meal on this trip after arriving here via train from the München airport. Since we were on foot with luggage, we wanted something within walking distance of the train station, so we chose this place. The service was a little slow; however, it was outside of the normal lunch period. We both had the turkey breast accompanied with herbed butter and seasoned pan-fried potatoes. The potatoes were excellent and the turkey was great but not amazing. We both had red currant juice for our beverages. The service was pleasant and we were not rushed. I thought it to be a little pricey at 35€ for two meals, but it is a touristy area. Given a chance, I'd eat there again.