See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We have stayed there for a night on a business trip. We paid a price which is for 4* hotel. Unfortunately, the quality was very poor for that. Quite old fashioned one.
We were surprised that rooms weren't so clean. First if all, eventhough there was not allowed to smoke in lobby, there was a smell of cigarettes. The walpapper in one of the rooms was screwed up near the window. There was no a/c in the rooms. Towel was stained.
If you were not using Wi-fi for a half an hour or so you had to connect again...
Breakfast. Since we came for a breakfast the last hour of serving them, it was leftovers only, but tasty. Nobody cared to fill it up. Coffee was almost impossible to drink.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I've stayed here a number of times over the years because its very close to my company in Nuremberg, but its not my favorite. This time may be the first I was there in June and it was about 90+ degrees each day. As several other people said, there's no AC or fans. I left the window open, but then the sun woke me so the sleep quality was pretty poor.
The rooms are clean and functional, but the bathroom is especially dated and the shower is cramped. Wifi is free and speed is OK (not fast, just OK), but you have to enter a user ID and password every time you connect which is annoying. On my phone, I'd have to re-enter the code at least 2-3 times per night. I only ate breakfast one day because it was 10 Euro extra with my rate and I just didn't think it was worth it. For that much I can get yogurt and a croissant down stairs at the 3 nearby grocery stores. When I've been here before I remembered a better breakfast assortment. However, I'm vegetarian and my colleague got made to order eggs and bacon so its probably a better breakfast for non-vegetarians.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter, but less private if you open your window
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2016

They put gummy bears on the pillow, seriously how can you go wrong with that :)

Small room, but set up perfectly.
Shower is a bit difficult.

Downfall was there is no AC or Fans available with a window towards a center area there is no wind. It was too hot to be comfortable in the middle of summer.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Known as Best Living Hotel Arotel

Stayed 2 nights in a very comfortable room (size) although could have done with a fan or aircon as it was so hot. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Internet was good enough to watch programs via Netflix.

Bizarre - Looking at the keys out at reception we were the only occupants on our second night (Sunday) with just 3 on night 1. While a little out of town we can not see why there were so few folk there. It was low cost but very good.

Odd to have a supermarket on the ground floor (sep entrance) and Aldi next to the Hotel too. There is a Berger King about 3 mins drive.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Plopitucus
Reviewed 30 March 2015

i stayed for one night in this hotel. i booked a roomviabooking.com. in the price on the site it was included parking, free wi-fi, breakfast, 3 aults in the room. we arrived at the hotel, we checked in, and when i wanted to connect at internet from the room, the connection was not working. i called at the reception and they told me they don `t have internet acces that day due to a problem. BUT HOW DID THEY RECEIVED MY RESERVATION VIA BOOKING.COM IF THE INTERNET WAS NOT RUNNING? we left because we highly needed internet for the job and they sad "okay, no problem, we understand". after 5 minutes we left the hotel, we received a sms that we are cherged with 80% procent of the price of the reservation even if we didn`t stayed. we returned because we had nothing else to do in this circumstances.the room was very clean but the third person had to sleep with his clothes on because there was no blanket, no pillow, no sheets for the third person. we didn`t sleep al night because the heater didn`t work and outside was bellow ZERO!!! In the morning we went to breakfast.It was ok. When we went to pay the room, we paid almost DOUBLE than the price booked online. When i asked why, they told me that is a tax for the third person, and a tax for the breakfast.... we paid and we left. I`m from romania, a country that is not that trendy as germany, but in our hotels and and other accomodation locations, you will never ever see this kind of services and cheats

Room Tip: don`t check in if you want to sleep
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business