All reviews rooftop studio hotel owner complimentary wine the main train station small kitchenette red light great hotel every guest washer and dryer mini kitchen strip club the free mini bar every morning walking distance shower pressure hotel entrance breakfast spread
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived late on 20 Sept and checked into room 301 and was greeted with foul mold smell.

Positives: great laundry room in basement (hotel gives you free detergent), excellent WiFi, generous breakfast buffet and charming 90+ year-old property owner who greets all guests.

Negatives: foul smell, turn off power (including air conditioning) when you leave room, seedy neighborhood, misleading hotel guide, hostile staff.

The hotel guide indicates CNN (there isn’t) and special rate for fitness center (eliminated last month). See photos.

When I told elderly owner about smell and mold in room 309 at breakfast, he brought over floor manager who basically interrogated me while I was drinking my cappuccino.

I requested a new room with front desk which again proofed to be a stressful and less than friendly interaction.

Given the price I am paying for a three-night stay at the start of Oktoberfest tomorrow, I would expect something better. Staff needs to be trained on customer service, listening skills, and empathy.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Schiller5hotel, Manager at Schiller5 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Mr Steve M,

Thank you very much for your words. We are very sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay in our hotel. After you told us about the smell in your room in the morning we tried everything we can to help. We are very sorry for disturbing you during your morning Cappuccino but we tired to clarify this problem soon as possible and our colleagues just wanted to ask you what we can do immediately for you. We arranged a room move and we hope you were fine with this.

We are very happy you enjoyed our laundry room, the fast wifi and our breakfast buffet!

Yes, our air condition and the most of the room electric is turning off if you leave the room ant take your room card with you. If you want to charge your phone during your absence, there is an electrical plug in on the table AND in the safe which has permanent power. If you want to use the air condition please ask our colleagues at the front office, they will be happy to give you a second key card you can use. We do this not to offend our guests; we do this to safe electricity and for environmental protection.

As well we have to say sorry for the not up-to-date note about the fitness cooperation we wrote in our guest information. They closed the fitness center but they didn’t inform us about. Thank you for telling us, we will change the guest information immediately. For sure we will find a new fitness cooperation soon.

Best regards and all the best from Munich.

Your Schiller5 Hotel.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

What an excellent small hotel. The rooms are clean, modern and recently renovated, quiet and very comfortable. But what separates this hotel from most is the service they provide in every turn. Hotel has a happy hour with refreshments (incl wine), staff is very friendly and helpful and even the owner came to greet us in the breakfast. Last, I am difficult to please with typical hotel breakfast, but this hotel scores high. There is very good selection of healthy options, fruits are perfectly sliced, eggs are perfectly boiled and even have "guten morgen" written on them etc. I would higly recommend this hotel, will definitely stay again on my visit to Munich.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petri T
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I liked it here. Close to the train station and easy to get around the city - a very short walk to the major sites. The staff was friendly and helpful. As a man, I felt it was safe - but I could see where a single female might worry about walking around in the dark.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 9 September 2018

My husband & I stayed at Schiller5 from September 1st - 8th. We arrived on a red-eye and though our room wasn't ready, Tanya had us do our check in paperwork and offered us coffee and tea. By the time we finished our drinks, our room was ready. Being able to freshen up and unpack was so appreciated after a long, overnight flight. The location near Hauptbahnhof and U/S Bahn stops was very convenient. The owner, Leo, greets everyone at breakfast, which was adorable and reminded me of my late grandpa. The front desk staff were all very helpful with any questions. It is a 15 minute walk to Marienplatz or five minutes on the train, we did both depending on how tired our feet were. We would definitely stay there again when we go back to Munich.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Best thing about the hotel is the breakfast, they are really making effort also handy : as you can park underneath the hotel but is not for free. The room are clinical not so attractive and double bed mean are 2 single bed put together. The bathroom are way too small compare to other hotel. WiFi are not too strong to browse as well.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple