“Fun place”

Restaurant Ponte Vecchio
Ranked #1 294 of 3 940 Restaurants in Munich
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very good food. Fast service. Waiters "act" obnoxiously, sometimes too much. Otherwise everything that I ordered was very good.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

So I went here in December 2012 and am writing this review in November 2016. Didn't have a tripadvisor account back then... :P
Anyway, I was walking around the Isar Riverfront on my last day before flying back home, crossed a bridge, and wound up at this place. Just happened to walk in during the slow hours and - I think - was the only customer in there. The server didn't seem impressed with either my novice German skills or my presence there, but I nevertheless had a great meal with all the trimmings. Had a pasta dish with fresh baked bread and grated parmesan cheese. A couple of wheat beers rounded everything off beautifully - especially my stomach.
Come here with a group, as solo you've no one to share such a wonderful place with.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

On a cold night and now somewhat tiring of Traditional German fayre we decided to stay local to our hotel. The restaurant lacked the normal ambience and buzz of Italian restaurants possibly because it was barely a third full and far to brightly lit.

Also the food was nothing to write home about either with my tomato soup to salty and the pizzas fairly small but with a thick base, which is unusual to say the least for Italian restaurants.

My wife's pizza, which was vegetables actually consisted mainly of onions with a tiny amount of courgette and mushroom diced. Hardly the normal colourful presentation that you get in Italy. However my wife still enjoyed it. The wine though was excellent and very reasonably priced.

Also when the bill was received, to our surprise, there was a 19% tax added which, obviously, made everything much more expensive than that shown on the menu! This tax was not clearly shown either in the restaurant or on the menu and is, therefore, in direct contravention of EC Regs 2002 pertaining to customer rights.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

This restaurant had a good menu with plenty of choices for vegetarians. The food and wine were both a good standard, the restaurant had a nice ambience and the service was prompt. I would definitely eat here again if I went back to Munich.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I have been there for the dinner of the 31st of December. The food is average (much better the meat than the fish). The atmosphere is good and the service is average. The price is average.