All reviews harras station city centre u line lidl supermarket modern hotel free wifi walk in shower s bahn upgraded to a suite recommend this hotel excellent hotel breakfast buffet first morning big hotel enjoyed my stay nice stay visiting munich
Reviewed 7 March 2018

This is a a very good hotel at a reasonable price close to the subway so it is quite easy to get to various places in Munich. The rooms are cozy and the decor has a red and black theme. There is a grocery store adjoining the hotel which gives guests an additional option to explore German shopping. I loved the breakfast buffet. It had a plethora of great options. This was the first time I had honey directly from a honeycomb! I especially loved their couscous salad, the fresh baked products, and the espresso.

Our room fridge was not working right. They tried to fix it but could not, and so replaced it promptly.

Parking is available in the basement at a reasonable price. The exit gate is a bit tight getting out may not be as straightforward if you have a big and wide station wagon. The parking ticket reader needs some debugging.

They do a great job and I recommend this restaurant for exploring the wonderful city of Bavaria.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Marcel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear AlSr1,

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I visited in late-January 2018 and was highly impressed by this very new Holiday Inn.

The location is fine - it's a 5 minute walk from Harras U-bahn and S-bahn station, you'll be in central Munich or the Hauptbahnhof within 15 minutes if you time it right for trains. The only issue is the walk to the hotel from the station with luggage - there's an incline that is very noticeable.

On arrival I was greeted as an IHG Spire Elite member, as expected and required by the script, and was given a terrific upgrade to a suite.

The room was great, with comfy bed, good living area, the bathroom was fine. I ended up oversleeping having had the best night's sleep in memory - there wasn't a sound to be heard. The outdoor terrace would also be great in summer with some local beers.

I ate in the restaurant and it was fine - a mix of the Holiday Inn menu I saw in 3 different hotels that week and a few local specialities too.

I'm in Munich a few times a year and will return to the HI Westpark - I really couldn't find fault.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Marcel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Andrew W,

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

A good property both for family and business travelers. We were family of 3 people including a child (6 years Old). We were kindly provided early check in and got our room changed from a two single bed room to a one queen size bed room.

Toiletries in the room are limited but are avialble on request. Some good stores and bakery next to the hotel provide good basic breakfast. With a child, chocolate doughnuts and Chocolate milk served in the bakery brightens up the day.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Oommen76
Marcel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Oommen76,

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I am a regular visitor to Munich but this was my first visit to the HI Westpark. Check in was efficient and walking to my room the feeling was the hotel had indeed just had a major makeover. My room was a good size, clean and I especially appreciated the room safe which is always useful when you travel with an electronic tablet that you don't want to take into the office every day. The bottle of water in the room was also a nice touch.

I had one meal in the bar. Seating was a little restricted although I did notice a large area cordoned off ready for new carpet so if there we tables here it would be much better. Food was good and served quickly.

It's a maximum 5 minute work to the Harras S and U Hahn station so ideally placed for transport links. I would definitely look to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Rob R
Marcel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Rob R,

Thank you for your candid review. We highly appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. The carpet has been laid out and there are more tables available again. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Overall it is a very well maintained property. We were a family of three (2 adults and 1 child), and the room size felt just alright. After accommodating the kids bed there isn't a lot of free space left but causes no inconvenience as such. The Room is well equipped with iron and iron stand, hair dryer, safe, tea coffe etc. that makes your stay comfortable. Wardrobe space wasn't great nor any tables to put the bags on. They also provide room slippers and a bathrobe but would be great if the hotel keeps two sets when two adults occupying the room. But I believe, you will have one if you request for. I did not really request any. The hotel is also equipped with some important things like (combs, toothpaste, sanitary napkins etc). If you have forgotten one you can always request. It may not be centrally located or very close to the main attractions, it is 4 min walk to the nearest Sbahn station "Harras" and once you are here you can easily reach the main attractions quick and comfortable. Best to buy a train pass/card that is valid for the number of days you stay. Saves time. We got our 4 day pass (for 3) for little less than 100 euros.. I read great reviews about breakfast but cannot comment as we wanted to explore other places nearby. There are 2 breakfast joints (more of doughnuts, cold sandwiches, pretzels and other bakes with a hot drink) If you are looking for cooked breakfast then check out the hotel breakfast because we did not find any place (serving cooked/hot breakfast) very close to the hotel. You also have DM(more of a drugstore) and LIDL supermarket right beside the hotel. All in all great stay!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RenuOOmmen
Marcel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear RenuOOmmen,

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your comments on your stay, our facilities, and our services. We will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services.

Hope to see you again soon.