“Dachau & Munich city tour”
Review of Big Hat Tours

Big Hat Tours
Ranked #2 of 139 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: Munich City, Third Reich, Dachau, Salzburg, Nuremberg and Neuschwanstein and other Ludwig II Castles. A tour with Curt Milburn is like having a welcoming family friend show you around Munich. Curt's been called "The Wikipedia of History". He specializes in small group and private tours. Tours are tailor-made and Curt finds out what YOU want to see. His City Tours go beyond canned, set routes. You'll see the famous sites, architecture, learn about kings, Hitler, foods and beer. Our Third Reich Tours delve deep into more than when, but why and how the Nazis came to power and you'll see the bombed buildings of Hitler. Curt's Dachau tours are sensitive and remarkably moving and his Neuschwanstein and Castle tours are great fun. Salzburg & Nuremberg are within your reach with Big Hat Tours! Every tour is accompanied by an Apple i-Pad with hundreds of photos to put you into history.
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Curt was an excellent tour guide for our Dachau and Munich sightseeing tour. He knew how to guide us around the crowds and was very knowledgeable in the history. Curt also helped us plan our visit to Austria - what to see and where to go. If you want a friendly and personal tour experience I highly recommend his 'Big Hat Tour'. Thanks for the good time Curt!

All reviews
"great sense of humor"
in 8 reviews
"an excellent guide"

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Kurt Milburn gave us an absolutely wonderful experience on two small group tours--Dachau and the Third Reich Tour of Munich. He is the most considerate tour guide I have ever met. Without me saying a word, he noticed I was getting short of breath at Dachau and offered to get me a free electric scooter. That helped me save my energy to be able to focus on the wealth of information he was sharing on the tour. He also guided us through WW2 sites in Munich. We also took WW2 tours in Prague and Vienna during our trip, but those tours could not compare with Kurt's enthusiastic and fact-filled tours.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The Mr and I, plus our two traveling companions, just completed a Big Hat Tour with Curt. After some discussion on what we were interested in, Curt tailored our walking tour to our interests. We saw so many beautiful and interesting things including Asam Church, Saint Peter’s Church, Viktualiemarkt, & the Glockenspiel to name a few things. In addition to sights, Curt shared restaurant recommendations and some of Munich’s history. Anybody can rattle off facts and lead you to sights, but Curt makes it fun and entertaining.
Thanks for a great tour Curt!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Had a great tour with Curt. He spent 3 hours with us sharing many fascinating stories about Hitler and the third Reich. My son and I loved it. Thanks again Curt.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Loved Kurt! Loved the wide range of variety and real history of Munich! He had great information and not just a script he read! I would highly recommend him for anyone wanting a great history tour or just great information about Munich and Germany. He has an incredible knowledge of history that makes asking questions fun. We had a ton of questions and made our own tour as we went. Enjoyed our day and even got to meet some of his family! A must do tour of Munich!