US$743
  • Pool
US$420
US$326
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$386
Marc Munchen(Munich)
US$454
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Laimer Hof(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$192
Hotel Europaischer Hof(Munich)
US$222
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
ibis Styles Munchen Ost Messe(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$464
US$450
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
K+K Hotel am Harras(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$508
HotelsClick
Reviews (2 203)
2 203 results
1 351
1 351
All reviewsgreat locationfamous hofbrauhaushofbrau housebavarian stylecan't beat the locationbeer hallbreakfast buffetold citylovely hotelquiet roominner courtyardthe air conditioningtwo blocksloved this hotelcentral locationby european standardsreception staff
375 - 380 of 2 203 reviews
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed at hotel Platzl end of May 2016. It was a lovely hotel. The room was very big with a nice size bathroom. The bed was king size and very comfortable. The air condition did not work all that well but I am glad we had one. If you open the windows the noise from the Hofbrauhaus and Hard Rock Cafe can be heard and on the weekend it is quite loud.

The hotel has a great bar and nice lobby. There is also a workout room with a steam room and sauna. Beware it is coed and clothing optional.

The hotel is very close to all the attractions and restaurants and bars. We would differently stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Heiko_Buchta, Manager at Platzl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Dear Hoodla

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences!

We appreciate your comment very much as we put high value on our guests’ experiences. It delights us to hear that you enjoyed our central location and had a great time in Munich

Due to our central location - right in the heart of Munich's old town and surrounded by a multitude of dining choices - we cannot grant absolute silence, unfortunately.
For your next stay, I would like to recommend our Superior rooms warmly to you. They are all facing the courtyard and this offers a good night's sleep away from Munich's nightlife.

We would appreciate to welcome you at the Platzl Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

We loved the location and exterior of the hotel the moment we saw it. It is located within walking distance of the 'Pedestrian Area' where you will find the famous Glockenspiel, Marienplatz, Odeonsplatz, and fabulous shopping. The public transportation is a block or so away and will take you anywhere in the city you want to go. Taxi's tend to get stuck in traffic but rickshaws are a quick and fun way to get around...especially if you want to go to the English or Chinese beer gardens.

The lobby is warm and comfortable with an odd felt upholstery on the furniture. There is a small lounge/bar for drinks but our experience there was not that great. The young bartender was a little rude and did not know how to make a Manhattan. She did put in the extra effort to look it up and prepare one...it was half the size (but full price) of a regular drink and not all that tasty. If you want excellent cocktails, go to the Orlando Hotel behind the Platzl next to the Haufbrauhaus. You can't wrong there.

Some of the best restaurants are right around the corner...the Pfistmuher is a superb upscale restaurant, the Haxenbrau for authentic Bavarian dishes and of course the Haufbrauhaus for giant beers and typical beer garden food.

We had two rooms, 427 which was a double for my husband and I and room 405 for our son which was a single. Both rooms were lovely, room 405 was absolutely quaint and cozy, our son loved it. Our room was spacious and clean. The beds were firm but not rigid so sleeping was comfortable.

We had a tub and shower combination, the towels were soft and fluffy but smelled a little like cooking grease. The bath products were fun...organic beer products for hair, bathing and conditioning/lotion. I tried the shampoo as I had heard beer was good for the hair and really liked it. Wish now I had bought some and had it shipped home. The bathroom was nicely appointed with a hairdryer and magnifying mirror.

As for the our room locations....let me say this first; check the windows to see if they are open. We were there the first week of May and the weather was delightful. The rooms do have individual thermostats, however the weather was so nice that the air was off and the windows were open. We turned the air on when we arrived never checking the windows. Our first night there was unbearable due to the loud and boisterous hooping and hollering coming from the happy beer drinkers from the beer hall. Then...starting at 4:00 AM come the delivery trucks and trash haulers.

My husband announced we were getting a room change when I looked out the window and felt my hair stirring from a slight breeze. The window was open, closing it made a world of difference so we kept the room. Funny enough our son had the same sleepless night, he too did not realize the window was open.

With the window shut we did have what I thought were pigeons living in the walls, we could hear a light cooing, but on further investigation we discovered it was a street singer/vendor yodeling in front of the Haufbrauhaus trying to sell his cd's. We bought one as souvenir.

Breakfast was included in our rate and it was delicious. The staff were exceptional and remembered our names every morning. Impressive when they have so many guests. There was a large array of fruits, meats, cheeses, rolls and pastries. Your typical continental fare, fresh coffee and mimosas if you liked.

The hotel has WiFi provided you give your name and room number. There is a spa which I sadly did not experience and a fitness room on the 5th floor. (I was told it is a must see even if you don't experience it.) I am not sure, since we did not use the fitness room, that it is not above our room 427. Every morning at 2:02 AM we were wakened by heavy furniture being dragged across what sounded like a wooden floor. The sound was the same every morning....we can only guess that perhaps a cleaning crew was at work when no one would be in the fitness area.

The only other oddity was the bathroom light would occasionally flick on by itself then slowly fade out in the middle of the night. My husband jokingly said we had a ghost...I wasn't too sure we didn't.

Overall our stay there was excellent, and we would happily return but perhaps with a room on the front side of the hotel where there is less singing and more sleeping.

Room Tip: Away from the haufbrau haus
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Peggy W
Reviewed 1 June 2016

The Platzl hotel made a terrific base to explore Munich with many sights within easy walking distance. The Hofbrauhaus and many other restaurants are only steps away and it is a short 5 minute walk to Marienplatz and its metro station.

The room was clean and comfortable and when closed the windows effectively kept the street noise out. Not a concern to me but some might find the lack of drawer space an issue although there was a cabinet to hang clothes in. Service was excellent and I appreciated the quality umbrellas they made available for guests when it was raining. The included breakfast buffet was one of the best I’ve experienced at any hotel in Europe.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Heiko_Buchta, Manager at Platzl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear Texan999

What a wonderful review you posted on Tripadvisor. Thank you so much for your kind words and your complete report on your experience at our Platzl Hotel.

Our location is definitely one of the things we are very proud of. We are very fortunate to be able to provide you with just a few minutes away from the town square and must-see attraction and modern- day conveniences as close by as it can be.
Cleanliness and comfort are some of the essentials of a good hotel. Besides this our focus has always been on individuality and service. We are delighted that you found these key offers during your stay.

Our hotel is in a constant state of optimization, so we are very thankful for every recommendation for improvement.

We hope you had a great time in Munich and that you'll come back soon.
Best wishes from the Platzl Hotel!

Reviewed 30 May 2016

We stayed four nights in May 2016. We had requested a non-smoking room, but it smelled distinctly smoky each time we entered it. We opened the windows, which cleared it out somewhat. But the smell returned when the room was closed up. Perhaps there is an issue with their ventilation. The front desk assured us that this was a non-smoking room, but they did not rush to offer us an alternative when we complained.

Breakfast was included in our rate and was fairly nice. Prices for laundry service were quite high.

If we ever return to Munich, we would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LandALot
Heiko_Buchta, Manager at Platzl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Dear LandALot

Thank you very much for staying at the Platzl Hotel and for sharing such an objective feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

I regret that you were not satisfied with your last stay and I apologize most sincerely that we did not meet the high standards of service that you quite rightly expected to find at the Platzl Hotel. I have addressed each point individually with the relevant team members and their managers in order that corrective action can be taken immediately.

It would be with more than great pleasure to welcome you again and having the chance to prove our vision and philosophy of great service according to our Platzl-Hotel. Let us provide an extraordinary bavarian experience on the occasion of your next trip to Munich.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

I would have liked to give the hotel 5 stars, but for two issues. The air conditioners in our rooms (there are 4 of us here for IFAT show at the Messe) do not work. During show week we are paying 375 Euros per night. I took one star off for that. Since it was not just my room I can only assume they are "conserving energy"/ money. I took another star off because they lied to me twice at the front desk when I asked them to please fix it. They said they would but never happened. Beautiful hotel otherwise but do not come here if they happen to have a hot spell. We have all been very uncomfortable at night and found it hard to sleep. Visit when it is cold and you will give 4 or 5 stars.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Connecticut2006

Dear Connecticut2006

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate our hotel.

We deeply regret that we did not meet your expectations. It is always our one and only intention to arrange the best stay our guests can possibly have whilst being on the road.

There was a technical fault with the air conditions in a few rooms and we tried everything to fix it straightaway. Unfortunately we had to order the spare part and didn’t receive it during your stay. Please be sure, that it wasn’t our intention to give you the feeling that we want to save expenses.

We would be very happy to get a second chance to prove the philosophy of our Platzl Hotel and most certainly try to satisfy all your needs.