“Frauenkirche”

Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche)
Book In Advance
Ranked #58 of 373 things to do in Munich
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This 15th-century cathedral is most famous for its domed towers.
Reviewed 7 February 2018

The two towers are for me the symbol of Munich and you get to see these more or les wherever you go. Situated right in the centre of town just off the pedestrian shopping area.

The church itself is fairly plain inside which is really unusual for Germany where churches are often very ornate. This actually adds to it's appeal.

Well worth a visit and if you are in need for a drink afterwards there is an Irish and and Australian bar immediately outside serving reasonable beers, pun grub and wall to wall sport.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 222)
All reviews
"footprints"
in 51 reviews

5 - 9 of 1 222 reviews

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The impressive domes of the Frauenkirche are famous on the skyline of Munich. One of the towers was covered up for restoration when we were there and I do not know if you could go up the tower. Inside of the church is a but bland so you don't need to spend a lot of time there.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

As usual, it is a church and nice art and architectural works all around, nice sculptures and paintings. Unfortunately all my photos are taken by my telephone and I could not load them to computer yet. I will need help. There was a lady with a beautiful Pug and she made her sit on the stairs and I also asked her to take picture of the pug. I cannot load it but I will as soon as I load on the computer. That was wonderful. Unless, you want to pray or act like it you just need less than 30 minutes and some 30-40 minutes outside.

1  Thank FreeJohnny
Reviewed 31 January 2018

This church has double onion-shaped steeples, but when we arrived we found the two steeples covered in scaffolding and plastic. We were looking forward to visiting this church as the book said that it is the largest brick cathedral in northern Europe, and it was very nice, and quite pretty with some nice stained-glass windows.
There was no opportunity to go up to the tower due to the work being undertaken at the time.