“Not nearly as good as the Mercedes Benz Museum”
Review of BMW Museum

BMW Museum
Ranked #28 of 407 things to do in Munich
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hundreds of thousands of people visit BMW's four-cilinder BMW tower and the bowl-shaped museum next to it each year. The museum showcases the technical development of cars and motorcycles and also has some exhibits about the history of the company. Many old cars and motorcycles are on display along a spiral ramp that curls along the inside of the bowl-shaped building.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First let me say, I drive a BMW, but I am not the least bit interested in cars. My husband loves cars and that's why we went. The museum is not laid out in an orderly fashion. It was hard to determine which way to go next. Which is really surprising because this culture tends to be exceedingly organized. I thought it was overpriced. My husband liked it better than I did, but we both agreed the Benz museum, which we visited several years ago had a lot more history - this was pretty much just cars, engines, motorcycles. My husband really wanted a factory tour, but there were no English speaking tickets available. That seems to require advance planning.

1  Thank ellenofthelake
Write a ReviewReviews (8 474)
All reviews
"enthusiasts"
in 192 reviews

32 - 36 of 8 475 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When in Munich you have to visit here

If you’re a fan of cars in general or BMWs then this is the place for you!!

Take as long as you want or as little as you want - the choice is yours

Free entry at certain times or events

Check with Museum beforehand

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the museum and the showroom and took us about 2 hours in the museum and a little less in the showroom. Our kids liked it very much as there’re things to see and feel for everyone. It’s way to smaller than Porsche and Mercedes Benz museums in Stuttgart, nevertheless I don’t think any car enthusiast should miss it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Incredible museum that illustrates BMW's history with lots of old and new cars. The welt has all of the newest cars including rolls Royce and mini coopers.