“High end prices, but high quality”
Review of Kurose

Kurose
Ranked #178 of 1 487 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I am one who usually prefers all you can eat sushi restaurants - despite the lower quality, I get the most value for the price I pay and I feel very satisfied. Kurose is the opposite - order from the menu, pay for what you get and higher quality - but I was really happy with what I ate.

For dinner, I ordered a miso soup, and we shared 4 different types of makis (Laura, Hot Alaska, Nigyeori (?) and Vegi II). The miso soup was ok. I found the maki rolls delicious, with a good amount of protein in each. The wasabi was also legit (good spiciness that goes up to your nose!). In the end, I was very full from what I had eaten.

The waitress was nice, regularly checked on us to make sure things were ok.

I think if you're looking for a more high-end sushi experience, you could try Kurose. I heard they also have a good lunch (and less expensive) menu, that is something that I would like to try someday.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Some friends and I went to this location a few days ago and we were super disappointed. I was craving some Udon noodles and wanted to give it a shot there. Alas it was very tasteless and did not hold up to any expectations. I also ordered salmon skin roll, was neither crispy nor had any taste. To add insult to injury I overpaid for a horrible experience, it is safe to say I will not be returning to this location

2  Thank Karim B
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I didn't take a photo but the nigiri at this place is tiny, about half the size of a Japan made nigiri and maybe still 50% smaller than any Stuttgart nigiri. Sushi platter nr 3 costs 15 Euros, you get 5 tiny nigiri, a veggie roll and 4 pieces of another roll. You can not choose what type of nigiri or roll.
Not worth it.
Quality was average, nothing special.

4  Thank dullyjan
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Serves authentic Japanese food! However it would be better if there was a wider selection or variety in the dishes. Thought the main course were quite limited. Quite pricey though.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Kurose used to be one of my favorite Japanese restaurants in Stuttgart! Last 3 times, my friends and I were very disappointed foods they served. We ordered Kurose Salad was very salty and too much wasabi in and Teriyki hamburger was very small (only 2 mini bite on the plate) which was 12 euro without rice and salad...

4  Thank Masako0829